Eps 18 - Simon's Arrogance

Author: Uonagi Kousuke

◇◇◇ Thunderpike leader, Simon's POV ◇◇◇

"The other day, the Clover caught everyone's attention with Zarnag's subjugation broadcast, but today we have a new broadcast!"

"This video is the 5th floor boss subjugation of Gorgona Ruins labyrinth, Left Hand?"

"That's right. This red-clad person, which was talked about earlier, was the leader, Yoke-san, who was also a Red Mage. Well, it's a move that makes me fall in love every time."

"What do you mean?"

"No matter what, it was quick chant, the technology is amazing! This was a high-level Red Mage skill that prepared magic in advance, but it was quite a difficult skill to choose and wait for before battle. If you don't have enough experience and knowledge, it won't go well."

"I see, I see...."

"And also..."

 When I saw Yoke projected on the Adventurer's Guild's wide screen, I gritted my teeth. I don't understand how someone who is so useless and innocent unless his appearance is mentioned.

 This is not a 'high-difficulty' dungeon raid video, also not an unusual shallow floor boss subjugation video. The quality of the audience seems to have dropped lately to think this is funny.

 However, there are situations where this cannot be said.

 We Thunderpike are still streaming as before, but recently the viewer count has dropped completely.... and a few days ago we lost one of our sponsors. It's a shame, but maybe we should stream like this too.

"Damn, Yoke... don't mix with a low-rank party and become a tengu."

 Barry, who also watched the broadcast, choked on his drink.

"The other day, it seems he were promoted to A rank."

 These days, we, the Thunderpike, don't get along and we keep failing. Because the quality of new members is bad, but failure is still failure. In addition, there is also the problem of not being able to accommodate new members.

 We welcome them into the party not as temporary shelters, but as permanent and permanent members, but most of them leave after a job or two. I heard that the number of bad adventurers who lack motivation, guts, and patience are increasing, but apparently the rumors were true.

"Oops! Yoke-san, here use magic scrolls. Push in at once! That's a good help, Gato-san."

"Yeah, it was perfect timing. Collaborating with colleagues is also great. With his help, I think I can challenge the dungeon as well."

"How about that? Here, the subjugation is complete. It's a safe victory."

"I can't take my eyes off Clover from now on! Now let's move on to the next delivery. Next is..."

 Yoke on the river sighed. But, is it Yoke someone who can move like that? No, I don't think so... At least he wasn't like that when he was in Thunderpike. He didn't use that new <prismic missile> magic that no one knew about and I should've been more innocent and listless.

"Hey, if we can't find the members like this, we'll be in trouble, so why don't we call him back at this time?"

"Yoke?"

"Yeah. After all, he's been following us, and that's better than the recent lack of courage, right?"

 Barry has a point.

 As the quality of new recruits decreased, dungeon requests and raids continued to fail. If this happens this may affect the ranking, and may be lowered the adventurer's credibility score.

 At least, when Yoke was there, there was no such thing as failing a request many times in a row. That may have been useful for us as a choreman.

"That's... the point, isn't it, it's all about the money? Just add some color to the reward. Even if it's useless, Jamie's share should be reduced."

"But he left on his own, remember?"

"He got frustrated because he didn't have the money, right? He's probably regretting it right now."

"Yeah, I know. And you can't earn an adventurer's credit score when an A-rank does a low-rank request. It might be a good idea for us to break the ice here."

 He's been telling us since he was a child that the goal of our adventure is to reach the 'Abyss Gate', at the end of the world. To do so, we need permission from the government and the adventurer guild, and we also need a high adventurer credit score.

 And being a member of an A-rank party like us is almost an essential requirement. I was surprised when he said he was leaving knowing this, but the reason was money.

 If you turn around, it will come back if you make a little compromise on the reward side. Seriously, my childhood friend, but sad. Even I feel ashamed that such a poor person is my childhood friend.

"I'll say hello next time I see him."

"Yeah, let's do that. It's also necessary to get close to each other."

 I laughed and swapped cups with Barry. I'll have to check with Jamie and Camilla later just in case, but there won't be any objections. First of all, Thunderpike was doing well until Yoke said that, and since he left, we had to find a new member. Both as an adventurer and as an adult, I have to take responsibility. Besides, if we forgive him, everything will return to normal.

"Oh, you can talk to him..."

 When I looked back into Barry's eyes, Yoke appeared at guild entrance while talking happily with three young girls. A red-haired swordswoman, a silver-haired dark elf and a childish-looking monk.

 All the girls are good-looking, but they have a feeling that they are not innocent. From the looks of it, they are probably still in their infancy. But a woman is a woman. It's about that guy who smells like a virgin, and he must have been tricked and deceived anyway.

 Due to the acceptance of the request, it is a rank B - whether currently rank A - the adventurer's credit score to accept the request. He didn't even notice that he was being used by a rookie.

 It's still annoying. I don't think anyone would talk to a Red Mage that much. Jeez. Well then, shall I call you? I stood up, puffed out my chest and walked in front of Yoke.

"Hi Yoke..."