Chapter 26

A/N: HEY GUYS!!! Since it's the spooky month please please please consider reading my completed fic, Flat 36. It's spooky, full of twists, and best of all it's a quick read! It's also got a really nice cover at the very end!

I'm also posting early because (unfortunately) I have to report to the office for the next two days and I know I'll get home, ready to chew my own foot. So I'll edit and stuff while I've got a fresh non-corporate suffered brain.

The curse jumped as the forest rumbled. I looked around while Shoko seemed unworried.

"You should stop moving." She said.

"But this is bad we have to get-"

"Satoru's got it. It's probably better if we don't move." She said.

People appeared all over the forest. Black bile exploded out of their bodies, creating mushroom clones all around us. That must be how the curse got away. The people he infected could be all over Japan. All that had to happen was for one of them to survive and he could live again. That mark pulsated again and I leaned closer to Shoko, pointing at it.

"What's that?"

"It's a seal we had him put on it so the curse was limited to that body. Now if we kill that curse, we kill it for good."

Satoru removed the mark just as she finished explaining.

"Did he just-"

"Yea he's pissed." Shoko sighed.

The mushroom seemed emboldened without the mark and a few clones attacked. Satoru honed in on one, put the mark on it, and ripped it apart limb by limb like it was paper then took off the mark. That body dropped and he honed in on a mushroom close to us. He materialized and tutted.

"Touching her is what got you here in the first place." He said as he put the mark on the body again and choked the mushroom.

The clones didn't dare move closer.

"If you're gonna be this weak, at least be smart." He said before snapping its neck.

The body dropped like a sack of flour before twitching and trying to crawl away from Satoru. He sighed and watched it struggle like he would watch a tantruming toddler. I remembered running away from this thing. The way the mycelium spread out like a giant mouth ready to swallow me and Akko whole. The cold chill of pursuit, knowing each step could result in me being devoured from the inside out.

I knew it was a dangerous creature but right now, Satoru almost made me feel embarrassed ever to have struggled against that thing. He took the mark off just before he ripped its head off. The mushrooms shot out streams of spores at us. Satoru teleported us away from the blast. Shoko kept her hands on me, burning away the spores that touched us. He held up a finger and a clump of bright red light burned into a condensed ball just above it. Then he flung it at the crowd of mushrooms causing a huge explosion. The domain attempted to recover as the scorched earth regrew and mushroom curses melted out of the ground. None of them dared approach.

I stared in awe. He truly was the strongest.

Gojo POV

It's embarrassing that a small fry like this evaded us for so long but I wasn't focused on that. All of my thoughts were focused on Y/N. Our conversation this morning. Our entire relationship if it could be called that. And all I could come up with were memories of me continuously imposing on her. Not respecting her wishes. Making her vy for my attention. Exactly as she said. I ripped apart the curse yet again watching the dread sink in as it's subjected to torture in yet another body.