// 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟 //

hiraeth - part thirteen

»»——⍟——««

       "Mom, you really need to reconsider!" Gohan exclaimed, following his mom around the kitchen. Chi-Chi could say she had a lot of patience with all of these Saiyans, but Gohan was really getting on her nerves with this.

"No, Gohan! If he wants to run around with teenage girls, that's his problem! I won't be part of it!" Chi-Chi said as she raised her voice at him, but Gohan didn't let it get to him. He understood his mother was jealous, but she had no proof that Goku was even unfaithful. She was just still upset from their fight.

"It's not like that, mom! I told you I just lied about him because I was mad! Please think about what you're doing. What about Goten and I? Don't you know how this would effect us?" Gohan tried to reason. Chi-Chi seemed to pause, genuinely taking the thought into consideration. It was in her best interest that her two children had the happiest lives possible. Even if that meant Chi-Chi was unhappy. But the thought that Goku was sleeping at a teenage girl's side put a sick feeling in her stomach.

"Gohan, I'm sorry, I just don't know what else to do." Chi-Chi said. Gohan sighed, pulling his mother into a hug. Chi-Chi sniffed as she buried her face in his shirt, her eyes watering. She thought she had lucked out with a husband who didn't seem to experience attraction in normal human ways. But it seemed she may have been wrong.

"Mom, please, just trust us. I know it might be difficult, but dad is just helping Y/n out. Y/n is having a rough time, especially since she's graduating. Dad would never do anything to hurt you, you know that." Gohan said, placing his hand on Chi-Chi's chin, tilting it gently upward so he could look into her dark eyes. Chi-Chi sniffed, smiling as she chuckled.

"I raised such a sweetie, huh? Thank you, Gohan." Chi-Chi said. Gohan beamed down at her, grinning brightly.

"So you won't kick dad out?" He asked. Chi-Chi rolled her eyes as she smirked, returning to her work.

"I'll think about it. I'm sure he's getting hungry, I haven't made him anything today or yesterday." Chi-Chi said. Gohan chuckled, feeling slightly bad for his father. But knowing Goku, he's definitely got other sources of food.

After dinner, Gohan had left for his room to do his homework. He stared at the page, filled with difficult math equations. Normally, they'd be nothing for Gohan, but today he was unable to focus. His mind was on today's events, or more specifically, Videl's actions. Gohan couldn't wrap his head around it. He understood she did it over jealousy, but Videl and Y/n were friends. Was Videl seriously willing to betray Y/n, just to win over Gohan's heart? It honestly turned him away more than anything, but things were salvageable. Gohan could fix this. Or so, that's what he thought.

Y/n had other thoughts. She had no intentions of trying to fix things with Videl. Videl had gone out of her way to hurt Y/n, and Y/n saw no point in trying to mend things. Videl would apologize on her own if she wanted her friend back.

"Hey, what's the matter with you?" Goku asked, noting her furrowed brows as she bit her lower lip. Y/n perked up at his voice, turning her attention from the ceiling above to his face. She was somewhat thankful that the spread allowed plenty of room between the two. It already felt wrong about allowing Goku to sleep in her bed, but he did need a place. He had been kicked out.

"Nothing, I was just thinking." Y/n said. Goku huffed, turning on his side to face her. In the darkness, he was quite difficult to see. His dark hair and eyes blended in, as well as his dark blue shirt. She couldn't make out any sort of emotions he conveyed.