𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

↬ 𝓁𝑒𝓈𝓈𝑜𝓃𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 ↫

"Da da da..." You sang under your breath as your pencil grazed the surface of the paper and your head swayed from side to side. Kit watched you with curious, beady eyes, and curled up beside your leg as your bed dipped slightly beneath your weight.

You absentmindedly caressed Kit's head and tapped the end of your pencil against your chin with a certain rhythm until your phone suddenly buzzed, drawing your attention. Hastily reaching for it, you found that Xiao had messaged you.

Xiao♡
Can we meet up?

You
Ofc!
Where?

Xiao♡
The dance studio?

You
I'll head over now!!

>─────☾⛧☽─────<

The studio was actually empty, which was far from your expectations, but you couldn't say you minded it. The building was nice and serene, even as you approached the hallway where Xiao was practicing with music blasting through the room, leaking through the walls. You knocked on the door, but he didn't seem to hear it because of the music, so you carefully pushed it open and peeked into the room.

Your face flushed at the sight of Xiao, his movements smooth while he went over the entire routine, which you'd never seen the choreography for. It was actually shocking he managed to recall each move, but you guessed it was a skill all idols needed to possess. They were all on a much higher level, and you admired it, but you wished they could've had healthier schedules to hone their abilities.

Xiao actually seemed to have a lot of free time, and he did compared to many other idol groups, but his time was still largely occupied by work. The only reason it seemed otherwise was because he dedicated his spare time to you (but you didn't need to know that).

He was so focused that he only realized your presence when you called out to him, and his eyes shot in your direction to see you smiling widely at him, sending him a small wave.

"Oh. Hey," he breathed, returning to a normal standing position.

"Hey!" You replied, walking over to him. "Sooo, you gonna teach me how to dance?"

"If you want," he shrugged, grabbing his water bottle from the ground and taking a sip. "But I was going to talk to you about tomorrow."

Oh, right. The dinner.

"What about it?" You asked.

"...Did you feel pressured to agree?"

You were hasty to deny, panic evident all over your face, "No! No, not at all! I do want to, I just thought I'd be intruding or something..."