Chapter 4: Progress

Daniel falls to the floor, holding his arm and two men grabs each one of Aurelias arms. Another one punches her in the face, but she doesn't get knocked out. She kicks him in the throat and he falls to the ground, choking. Another man lunges at her but she kicks him twice in the groin before also falling to the floor. One comes from behind and hits her hard in the back of the head. She falls to the floor disoriented as throbs of pain rack her skull. One of the men grab her by her hair and drag her back to the room. They get in the room and he throws her on the ground. He leaves slamming the door behind him as Aurelia closes her eyes and passes out because of the throbbing pain in the back of her head and she hasn't slept since yesterday morning.

The next morning Anna is awakened by a knock on the front door so she gets out of bed, puts on her robe, and answers the door.

"Aero! What are you doing here!?"

She begins to sign.

"She says she thinks we might know who has Aurelia.'

Ace translates.

"Then come in and sit down."

Ace comes in and sits on the couch but Aero goes to the computer and brings up the page of Daniel Silver.

"What are you doing? Do you think he has her?"

Anna asks and Aero nods her head.

"What makes you think he did it?"

She looks at Ace.

"Well, you see these symbols?"

He points to the computer screen.

"Yes."

"Well, that means that they are in jail. Daniel Silver is the only one in this area that doesn't have one of these symbols."

Ace explains.

"What is he wanted for?"

Anna asks and Aero clicks on the icon that brings up the page and Anna begins reading it.

"Daniel Silver is wanted for kidnapping teenage girls and keeping them as his- oh no. We have to get her away from him."

"We don't have any leads that could tell us where she is."

Ace says with a sigh.

"I'm going to that policeman again."

Aero signs.

"She says we are coming too."

"I geuss it wouldnt hurt. I we'd to get dressed."

Anna races to her room.

Soon she's dressed and they are on their way to the police station where they are quickly invited in.

"What can I do for you this time?"

"What about Daniel Silver? He could have done this right?"

"Well, yeah."

"So check him out. I want my daughter."

Aero and Ace lean forward on the front of the desk facing the officer at the same time scaring him.

"What do you want?"

Aero signs and Ace translates.

"She says we want to know who his known associates are and the locations of all of the buildings owned by Daniel Silver."

The officer gets up from his chair, gets a file from the filing cabinet, and hands it to Ace.

"Thank you."

They take the file and go back to Annas house.

"I've been wanting to ask you a question."

Anna turns to Ace and Aero.

"How did you two know where we lived?"

"She says that Aurelia gave it to her when she was at her house."

Anna nods.

"Ok, let's have a look at that file."

Ace puts the file on the table and opens it. A few hours later, Ace finds a page with a list of addressespecially of buildings owned by Daniel Silver.

"Bingo! Just what we were looking for!"

"What?"

Anna says hopeful.

"Buildings owned by Daniel Silver. "

Aero comes over and points at an address.

"That's only a few blocks from here.'

Anna says as she looks at Aero.

"Cmon Aero, let's go check it out.'

Ace says as they both grab their coats.

"What about me?"

Anna asks mervously.

"You stay here and keep looking through that file."

"But-"

"The file."

Acenter says sternly.

"Fine."

Anna goes back to the papers knowing why they don't want her coming along. She is too emotional right now and it would only make things worse. She understands but she still just wants her daughter back.