The Lost Soul (4)

August, 1692, Salem, MA

Both Mary and Winnifred were already awake, but sister Sarah stayed in bed a little longer that day. She felt so sick meanwhile there was still pain in her belly.

„Sister Sarah!" Winnifred screamed it made Mary jump up, „The herbs wait in the woods for thee, sister Sarah! Get up and don't make me go there!"

The blonde witch sat up in her bed and took a deep breath. She really wasn't feeling so well last days, so Mary took care of her, but Winnie wasn't that much of an empath. More the other way, to be exact.

Sarah took her cloak and ran outside the house to escape Winnie. The woods were so cold in the morning, but she felt better then she did in the house. Walking up the small hill the youngest Sanderson felt another bit of pain, so stopped walking. Closing her eyes she whispered: „What is this?"

Before walking again, she felt more pain. The blonde touched her belly again. „What is this?" she repeated, „In dearest Satan's name, can I be... expecting?"

In all her magic soul Sarah knew there's no reason Winnie will understand all of this. Alas if it's a baby, it's Billy Butcherson's baby - that could destroy Winnie's whole being and both Sarah and her lover will be dead. No. She wasn't telling her oldest sister anything. She will lie and say she slept with some idiot fellow from the village when she was in a need to feed her inside passion. Yes. Yes, that sounds well played.