XI

We arrived at Raven's It seemed pretty exquisite. The yellow and black coated walls, matched the couch that seated in front a big window, which showed a nice view of Arc City. There were lots of tables and chairs as well.

Kalpas and I checked out the menu, which was on the board hanging on the black wall. There were alcohol drinks, caffeinated drinks, refreshing drinks, etc.

Then for the food, they had pastries, meals, desserts etc.

"I'm going to order the pink lemonade and croissant!" I told Kalpas. "What're you going to order?"

"Maybe a beer," Kalpas said, crossing his arms.

"You drink alcohol?" I gasped, surprised by this.

"Yeah, sometimes. Why are you so surprised?"

"N-nothing. That's all you're going to order?"

"Yeah."

"Okay."

After that, we waited in line. Luckily the line was short, so we didn't have to wait too long.

My favorite song came up, and I slightly danced to the beat, humming along.

...?

Kalpas stared at me, seemingly intrigued. I immediately stopped and looked away, blushing. "Sorry..."

"For what?" Kalpas was still staring at me.

"Next!" The worker called out.

I scooted forward to the worker and told her my order. "Hi, can I get pink lemonade, a croissant, and a glass of beer?"

"Sure! Is that all?" The lady asked, writing down the orders on her notepad.

"Yup!" I nodded.

"Ok, you may take a seat," the lady smiled. I smiled back.

"Let's go sit on the couch!" I waved to Kalpas.

I sat on the couch. It was solid black, didn't have any fuzzy/furry texture.

Someone spilled a beverage, and it splattered on the brown marble floor, and there was the janitor cleaning it up.

"What kind of alcoholic beverages do you drink besides beer?" I asked Kalpas.

"I drink a lot," he answered.

"Which alcohol drink do you like?" I asked, interested in his taste.

"Definitely beer. Hey, do you drink alcohol?" Kalpas asked, intrigued in me.

"Uh, I don't drink," I laughed.

"Oh, you should try it sometime."

I nodded. However, I don't plan to drink any alcohol though, mainly because I don't want to get drunk.

Few minutes later, our food came. "Here are your orders!" The waitress exclaimed, placing our food on the table.

"Thank you!" I could not keep my excitement. I glanced at Kalpas, wondering if he had the same reaction as me.

Instead, he was staring at his drink, seemingly confused. I noticed that he probably wouldn't want to reveal his face in public. "Want a straw?" I asked.

"Yes."

I got off the couch and went over to the counter and picked out a straw. I unwrapped the plastic and placed it in Kalpas's beer.

"Thanks," Kalpas said.

"You're welcome!" I smiled. I devoured my croissant. It tasted pretty good, like any regular croissant.

I hummed, looking outside the window, drinking my pink lemonade. Outside was pretty crowded. A lot of people seem come here to Raven's for drinks. It is a pub anyways.

I heard a groggily voice near me wrap his right arm around me. "Schicksal Valkryja, are you free tonight?"

I spun around, my heart started racing, finding Kalpas putting his head down on the table and staring at me.

"Kalpas, are you drunk?" I asked.

"Drunk? What are you talking about? I feel refreshed."

I looked at the table and found... three glasses of beers?! All were completely empty. "Kalpas, maybe you should head back home right now and rest... Kalpas?"

Kalpas had fell unconscious. I could tell because he was snoring. "Kalpas, wake up!" I shook him a bit hard. I didn't want to stay at Raven's for a whole night, waiting for Kalpas to snap awake from his sleep at 4am.

Kalpas showed no sign of waking up. "Kalpas!" I shook him a little more harder.

Again, he was still snoring.

"Kalpas!" I shouted into his ear, shaking him roughly.

"Huh... what, Schicksal Valkryja is that you?" Kalpas sluggishly removed his head from the table.

"Kalpas, we should head back now. You're drunk."

"Wha... right now? But I haven't finished drinking..." Kalpas weakly protested. I could hear a little bit of anger in his tone.

Sighing, I grabbed him by his arms, pulling him up. "I'll take you to my house. It's only 10 minutes away from here. Come."

I dragged Kalpas with my right arm around him, and carrying the plushies in my left arm, exiting Raven's.

-10 minutes later-

We arrived at my apartment. I unlocked the door and dragged Kalpas inside.

"Hahaha, I'm the number one strongest man! Nobody can beat me... right, Schicksal Valkryja?" Kalpas shouted, evidently intoxicated.

"Yes, Kalpas, I'm sure you are," I panted.

Kalpas has been very talkative and chatty since he drank. On our way to my apartment, I've received some stares from other people. Some were laughing at us.

It was hard to get Kalpas moving because at some point, he would say, "I need more beers!" or "I need my sweater back!" even though he was literally wearing it.

"Wait!" Kalpas froze.

"What now?" I sighed. He has done this at least dozens of times.

"I forgot to bring my wood carving tools!" Kalpas exclaimed.

"What? Just get some rest, Kalpas," I pulled Kalpas to the living room, onto the grey couch. I sat down with him, holding his shoulders in place. Just then his body leaned towards me and I slightly panicked, his head resting on my collarbone.

"I-... Kalpas...!" I blushed at this movement from him. He was sleeping.

We stayed in this position for a while until I got tired. I leaned my head onto the back pillows of the couch, and closed my eyes.