XXX

I shot up from my bed, screaming. "KAALPAAASS!"

"Please calm down, Miss Y/N!" Someone instructed.

"What in the world?" I rubbed my blurred vision, yet to no avail. I'm supposed to be in my bedroom! "Who is telling me to calm down in my own ROOM?!"

"Don't worry, this is just a patient room. You know, those rooms in the base's hospital."

"Patient room?" I freaked out. "I'm supposed to be in my bedroom! And where is Kalpas?!"

"Miss, I'll explain once you've recovered. Please get some rest!"

"Who are you? How do you know my name?" I felt lightheaded, and I could only see a blurry woman. Other things I couldn't make out. I guess I should follow her advice and catch some Z's. Before she could reply, I fell asleep.

...

Couple days later...

"He's been muttering her name non-stop. It's like he hasn't seen her in years!"

"He may be dreaming about her."

"What do you think the dream was about? Bathing in the sunset with her, snacking on chips, holding hands..."

"I'm not sure. You can ask him though once he's recovered after a few more days."

...

2 weeks later...

I woke up, feeling way more dizzy than I had initially been. I abruptly shot back down and groaned. Some strange sound erupted beside me, but I didn't care. I was more focused on this spinning place.

Where am I? This definitely isn't my bedroom. The shelf of my plushies was replaced with a TV monitor, my wardrobe was nowhere in sight and replaced with a long table of... medical devices and a... sphygmomanometer?

"Am I in a hospital?" I said out loud.

"Yes. In the Fire Moth's hospital," a familiar voice replied.

I gasped. "Su—Dr. Su?!"

"Call me Su. It's good to cross paths again, Y/N. How are you feeling?"

"I really want the world to stop spinning."

"The side effects of the medicine will result in dizziness, but it will resolve after sometime. Would you like a snack?"

"No thanks," my arms blindfolded my eyes. "Maybe later."

Su nodded. "A special guest is currently slumbering beside you. You may not want to disturb him."

My head instantly whirled around, finding him to be sleeping on a chair. Kalpas?! His arms are folded before me, resting on his chest as he leaned against the cushions.

My lips curved upwards. I breathed a huge sigh of relief. He's safe and alive! But there's one thing I still need an answer for. "Do you know how I ended up here?"

"Kalpas had immediately woken up in the hospital after his disappearance and fled the base. Half an hour later, he came back with you in his arms, seemingly unconscious and injured from a harsh battle."

Uhm. So according to Su, Kalpas had brought me back... from Arc City to Nagazora, in my very own apartment? How did he get in?! Did he steal my keys? I'll have to interrogate him later. After I've recovered.

Su continued, "He urged me to save you, when you only had minor injuries, and minor spine fracture. I was... perplexed and shocked, but knowing it was you I had another doctor take you in for healing."

"Ah, I see," I paused before continuing. "Thank you Su. For everything."

"It is my pleasure. But the one you should be thanking is Kalpas," Su made his way towards the door. "Apologies, I have to leave now. Call me if you're feeling unwell."