sixty six

·  ·  ·  · ✦

"We're almost there." Namjoon says.

"Okay." Hoseok says.

"Hyung?"

Yoongi gulps hard. "Yeah. I heard you."

"Not that." Namjoon looks at the rear view mirror, then backs at the road. "Once we do this..you'll be someone else since the cops were called. Change your personality, your hair, anything. Change your style, find a new hobby—"

"I get it." Yoongi interrupts, sighing. "I know what to do. Meet new people and everything..I know already."

"I'm just giving you a refresh. That's all."

Yoongi closes his eyes, tilting his head back. Hoseok was still in the back seat with Yoongi. Hoseok kept giving him comfort, even though Yoongi hated being comforted. Namjoon didn't mind, making sure they need to go where they needed.

"Namjoon." Hoseok decided to speak up.

"Yeah?"

"Should we still..stay in touch with Yoongi?"

Yoongi opens his eyes, but stays in his position.

Namjoon curls his brows. "We can't, even if we should. Hyung is already in deep shit and we can't distract him by being there. You're now part of his past—we both can't keep in contact with him anymore."

Yoongi sits his head back up. "He's right." He looks at Hoseok. "If I'm changing to someone else once we're done, I can't keep in contact with you guys anymore. Who I am..who I will be..won't be safe for you guys. If the cops question you both, they'll end up finding me and knowing I'm faking being someone else."

Hoseok curls his brows. "Okay. I understand it more."

"I..appreciate..you caring." Yoongi confesses. "We could've been good friends if I wasn't who I am."

Namjoon smiles small, knowing Yoongi really means it.

"I appreciate you understanding." Hoseok softly says. "I'm hoping you live a good life without us. It's better for you."

Yoongi nods. "I hope I meet someone to make me feel sane."

"And you will." Namjoon says, biting the inside of his cheek. "We'll make sure you'll be put somewhere where no cop would expect you to be."

Yoongi sighs, starting to go through his stuff to find a certain piece of paper. "I know where I'm going."

Namjoon blinks. "What?"

Yoongi stares at the paper in his hand. "Before I had to deal with Jeongguk, I was out of town and found a phone number on a bulletin board of someone looking for a roommate. That's where I'm going. They're far in the town and it seems..innocent there."

Hoseok looks at Yoongi. "Is that the best place for you?" He softly asks.

"Yeah." Yoongi looks at him, then lowers his eyes. "Whoever it is, they can help me become normal again. It's..a new life."

Hoseok smiles small, placing a hand on his back. "I'm glad you know what you're doing."

"Hopefully, I'm doing this right." He looks back up to him. "This is the only chance I got."

"He's in this abandoned building." Namjoon says, pointing the location they're at on the laptop.

Yoongi looks at it, his blood quickly starting to boil from the feeling he's starting to feel. Today's the day. He's going to do it and become a new and whole different person. He'll become a stranger to the two people that understood him the most. Hoseok looks at the laptop too, curling his brows at the feeling he felt about the situation.

"Babe, I suggest you to stay in the car." Namjoon softly says, looking at Hoseok.

Hoseok blinks. "What? No—I want to come with."

Namjoon curls his brows. "I don't want you getting hurt when Jeongguk's the problem in this matter. You've been though a lot because of me and I don't want you to die."

Hoseok lowers his eyes and sits back down.

Yoongi gulps hard. "It's time." His jaw started to jitter, looking at Namjoon. "Where's my fucking gun."

"In the trunk." Namjoon says, his mood becoming serious.

Yoongi nods and gets out of the car, going straight to the trunk and opening it. Namjoon gets out of the car too, following along to Yoongi. Hoseok couldn't help to pout and gets himself out of the car, closing the door behind him to see the two going through the trunk.

"I feel like I should come with." Hoseok decided to speak up again, leaning on the car.

"Hoseok, no." Namjoon looks up from grabbing a pistol just in case.

"Being in the car alone is dangerous." Hoseok knits his brows. "I feel like I should go with you."

"Hoseok—"

"He's right." Yoongi spoke, looking at the two with a shotgun in hand. "Jeongguk might know that we're here and we don't know of it. We can't risk it. He should come with."

Namjoon knits his brows at Yoongi. "Hyung..."

"Give him a pistol. And Hoseok," Yoongi looks at him. "only use the firearm when it's necessary and only use it for protection. The only who's killing him..is me. Aim for his legs if something happens, got it?"

Hoseok nods. Namjoon tightens his jaw from the thought and grabs the pistol, looking at Hoseok and showing the pistol to him by holding it backwards. He faced the handle to him, having a serious expression across his face.

Hoseok curls his brows and looks at the gun. "Um..."

Namjoon's brows curl up from Hoseok's expression. No. I can't ruin him. I ruined him enough because of my actions. Right when Hoseok was about to grab the gun, Namjoon moved it away and puts it back in the trunk.

"Joon." Yoongi's brows knit.

"No." Namjoon puts his own gun in his pants. "I'm not giving it to him."

"He needs to protect himself—"

"We can protect him." He interrupts. "Jeongguk's only one fucking person, right?"

Yoongi groans and sighs. "Fine." He grabs the trunk and closes it. "We need to go before we lose him."

꧁꧂ ꧁꧂