its just me

"Wh-what? No, I-"

He laughs and pulls away,
"that's fine."
I frown, knowing I messed it up.

"What's the matter?"
He asks, looking gently into my eyes.

"I'm so-"

He quickly presses his index finger against my lips, "Shh, no apologizing."
I nod and cross my arms.

"Don't worry, you'll have plently of chances."
He reassures, pulling his hand back from my face.

"Okay," I say softly, before looking down at my feet.
He puts an arm over my shoulder and kisses the top of my head.

"I have a good feeling about you y/n."

"Really?"

"yeah, y'know, you just seem super genuine, and I hate seeing how people treat you because you give so much energy and love but you never get any in return. I want to see you be loved how you deserve."

I look down, "You just met me, how do you know all this?"

"Because I see part of myself when I look at you. No one should have to suffer like we have y/n, no one deserves it, especially not you."
Tears prick at my eyes as I pull him into a hug.

"Bj, you're one of the most amazing people I've ever met."

"So are you."

"Why don't I ever see you hanging out with anyone? You're so sweet."
I ask, curiously.
His expression kinda drops and he looks down, I know right away I hit a sore spot.

"I'm sorry, you don't have to talk about it if you don't want to."

"No it's okay," he sighs, "most people at the school think I'm a whore, I mean, I guess I kinda am, I've fucked a lot of girls in our school. I was kind of an asshole. I do have friends, Mike and Tre, but they go to Eastside, so I don't get to see them during the day."

"Oh that sucks, I'm real sorry."

"It's my fault, I was a dick, but now that I have that reputation people either avoid me because they hate who they think I am, or they try and get with me. Which usually I'd like, but right now I don't. I kinda want something more.. permanent and fulfilling I guess. Y'know?"

I nod in understandment, "I get that, it's your body, you can do what you want with it, and yeah it sucks that you used people for sex but at least you didn't lead them on?"

"I did. That's what sucks, that's what I did. I led them on so they'd like me, then I'd fuck them and dip."

"Well you've realized that it was wrong, and I'm proud of you for that. It's never to late to start fresh Bj."

He smiles gently, "thanks y/n, I really appreciate it."

"Course." I smile.

"You're a little copy cat aren't you?" He shoves me playfully.

"Yeah, I can't help it though! It's fun making fun of you."
I look up into his eyes and lean a bit closer to him. He smiles and places his hand under my chin, tilting my head up to look at him.
Suddenly my phone rings.

"Shit, sorry I have to get it, it's my mom."
I cuss in my head, angry at my mom for ruining the moment.

"Hello?"

"Y/n where the hell are you? School ended 20 minutes ago."

"I'm out with a friend."

"Well get your ass home. I need you to cook dinner for your brothers."
I sigh.

"Fine. I'll be there soon."
I hang up and look at Billie sadly.

"I have to go home and make dinner for my brothers."

"Okay, that's fine. We can hangout again soon."

"Really?"

"Yeah, like I said, it's nice having you round."

I smile, "It's nice having you around too."

"Cool."

"Cool." I smile at him.

"Guess we better get goin then," he stands up and stretches, causing his shirt to lift a bit, revealing his lower stomach. I look away and try to calm down.

"Wait," I get up too.

"What?"

"I wanna do something before we go."
He tilts his head in confusion as I begin undressing, pulling off my shirt.

"Y/n what are you doing?"

"Nothing," I pull off my pants, leaving me left in just my black laced underwear and bra.
His jaw falls slightly open and he looks me, very obviously, up and down before quickly looking away.

"Now who's the flustered one?"
I sneer and run and jump off the dock, landing in the cool water.

"Y/n! You're crazy!"
He chuckles.
I laugh and splash water at him.

"Stop! You're getting me wet!" He laughs and strips into his boxers before jumping in after me.
I swim away from him, realizing I'm in for it now.
He swims up and splashes water back at me.
We continue splashing eachother until I've had enough.

"Stop! Stop!" I yell inbetween laughs. I grab his arms so he can't splash and cling onto them.
He pushes me off him and grabs me by the waist, hoisting me over his shoulder.

"Hey!!" I kick my feet, trying to wrestle my way out of his grasp, "put me down!"

"Not a chance," he just holds me there as I kick.

"C'mon! Put me down!!"

"Okay," he shrugs before dropping me into the water.
I swim back up to the surface and push him, he grabs my wrists and restrains me.
I huff, wordlessly admitting that he can overpower me.
He spins me around and wraps his arms around my waist, resting his chin on my shoulder.
I can feel his light breath against my ear.
Fuck he's so perfect.

"What are you doing?"

"Holding you," he smirks, sensing my anxiety.

"Why?"

"Because I know you won't attack me if you're flustered."
I huff again and glare.

"What? You asked," he smiles, pulls his arms away and begins walking towards the dock.
I frown and follow him.

"We should go before your mom gets more upset."
I nod and climb up the latter he follows.
We pull on our clothes and start driving towards town.