11) Secrets!

Author's POV

Grace looked at him shocked.
"You know about my family?... Who are you?... How do you know me and do know about it?"
She bombarded him with questions.

That man looked around and saw Dominick coming back.
"I can't tell you now... He is coming..."
He said hurriedly.
"Don't tell Dominick about it... He knows about your family but he doesn't want you to know... If you really want to know who you are then meet me here tomorrow at 8 am. Same place..."
He turned around to leave and looked at her again.
"I repeat! Don't tell Dominick..."
With that he walked away.

Grace stood there confused and shocked. She couldn't understand who was this man.
And if Dominick knows about her family then why is he hiding it from her.

"Who was he?"
She flinched when she heard Dominick's voice.

She kept her face calm. If she wants to know the truth then she have to act smart.
"God! You scared me."
She chuckled.
"I don't know who was he... He was asking for some shop address which i had no idea about, of course..."
She replied.

He nodded.
"Fine... Let's see around..."
He wrapped his hand around her waist.

Grace looked at Dominick thinking why he would hide it from her. He was supportive when she told him that she wants to about her real family.

But she can't deny the fact that Dominick can do anything if he has hidden motive.

She was wondering why he couldn't find the information when he has best IT team in the whole country. They track anything for him in seconds then why they can't find her family.

"Why are you looking at me like I have killed someone again?"
He asked when he noticed that she is looking at him.

"Can't i look at my husband?"
She replied hiding her anger. Before she confront him, she needs to make sure that he is guilty.

He chuckled.
"You can but you give me this look when i hurt someone"

"Habit!"
She forced a smile.

She kept walking with him and suddenly one man deliberately touched his shoulder with her while passing by. Grace scowled at disgusting touch.
"Excuse me?"
She glared at the man.

"Don't you have eyes... Watch out!"
He yelled at her and she flinched.

Dominick clenched his jaw. Grace grabbed his hand.
"It's okay... He looks drunk..."
She looked at him. Dominick's glaring eyes where still on the man.

"Dom!"
She called again and he looked at her.
"You will not hurt anyone... Let's go."

His face softened when he looked at her.
"Hmm, let's go..."

She sighed in relief when he didn't drag the matter. They walked towards their car.
"Fuck!.."
Dominick cursed.
"I forgot my phone in the washroom... Sit inside, I'll be back..."

She looked at him suspiciously.
"Dom?..."

"If i wanted to kill him... I would have done it. You know me..."
He assured.
"Sit inside..."

She knows that he really would have killed him but he didn't. She nodded and sat inside.

Dominick left and she looked at him anxious. She wants to trust him but she noticed the way he looked at that drunk man. 

She couldn't sit without being anxious. She got out of the car and went towards the men's washroom.

Her eyes widened when she saw Dominick. He was dragging that man by collar. No one was paying attention to them because of too much rush.

She ran behind him when he dragged behind the men's washroom which was dark.

She froze in her place when he punched him in ribs. His powerful blow broke his ribcage.
"No eyes will See this world again after touching my wife..."
He unlocked his gun and Grace ran back towards the car not wanting to see another murder by her husband.

She grabbed her head in disbelief. He promised and still he is doing this. It scratched her trust.

She thought Dominick is changing but no, he was just acting good in front of her. Behind her back, he is the same cruel Mafia.

She sat inside when she saw him coming towards the car.

"Did you find your mobile?"
She asked.

"Yes"
He smiled and started the car.

He intertwined his fingers with her.
"it was fun today. I realised many things."
He kissed her knuckles.

"I also realised many things..."
She forced a smile.

She was silent whole ride. She was excited for the day but he ruined everything. She was thinking about telling him about the man but now she can't trust him. 

"Are you tired?"
He looked at her.

"Yes!"
She replied.

"That's why you are quiet... Because you couldn't stop talking whole day."
He chuckled.

"I just want to sleep now."
She said.

"Okay... We are home."
He parked the car and opened the door for her.

They went to their bedroom and Grace kept the dragon art on the shelf.

"I am taking shower... Do you want to join?"
Dominick asked.

"If i joined you now then you won't let me sleep... I'll freshen up later..."
She said.

"Okay..."
He shook his head and walked towards the washroom.

When he locked the door she quickly grabbed her mobile and Called their IT head.
"Hey, Philip... Grace here."
She said sweetly.

"Good evening Mrs. Moretti... How may i help you?"
He asked.

"Actually Dominick told you to find some information about my family, right?... Do you remember?"
She asked. Deep down she was praying that Dominick isn't lying.
"I want the update about it..."

"Mrs. Moretti... I have given all the information to Chief... Didn't he tell you?... It's been almost three months..."
He replied.

"Ohh! You did?..."
Her heart clenched in pain.
"Actually i forgot to ask him... You have all information so i thought i should directly ask you..."

"No problem Mrs. Moretti... Do you need any other data?"
He asked politely.

"No! Thank you Philip."
She disconnected the call and sat on the bed sadly.

He was lying all the time.