6 (Emmets Requiem)

Emmet was verrry tired. A stranger had been at his apartment the night before, they had been another joker who claimed to know where his brother was.

The stranger in question, a blonde who had a striking resemblance to that Whats-her-name champion from Sinnoh from a few years back. He claimed he knew where Ingo was, and could take Emmet to him. He scoffed and closed the door, not expecting a yellow manila folder to be slid under the door.

The next day, Emmet clutched the strangely faded photo of a ragged looking Ingo closer. Ingo was in his signature pose and a young girl was to his side, mirroring it in Emmet's pose. They were both smiling, the corners of Ingos mouth turned upward in a classic Ingo-Smile.

Emmet had to retreat back to his office before he broke down again as he'd done that morning.

A minute of breathing exercises later, with a confidence that scared him, Emmet suddenly straightened back out, claiming an Ideal that shook the tile under his feet.

"I am Emmet, and I may have lost this time, but I will not lose again. The track to victory is in sight, and I will not let anyone derail me. I am Emmet, and I am serious about finding my brother."

The words seemed to spill from his mouth without his control but out loud they rang true, and he knew that Ingo would come home soon.

It was his Ideal and his Truth.

A long, quiet week later, he received a message from an unknown number claiming to be Volo—the disturbed blonde from before—and Emmet knew the dragons heard his call.