I Love You, Idiot

The next morning after Chris and I had breakfast he told me to dress comfortable because we were going to be out all day and I got excited.

"So where exactly are we going?" I asked as Chris drive and I noticed we were in a the business district of Boston.

"Just showing you around Boston, letting you get a feel for it. No place in particular" Chris said and I nodded. After about 20 minutes he parked on the street and paid the meter. I started looking around at all the little shops and smiled. Chris took my hand and he was just bouncing with excitement and I wasn't sure as to why.

"Chris...what is wrong with you?!" I asked and we both laughed. He then got behind me and covered up my eyes. "CHRIS!" I squealed and he leaned down to my ear.

"Do you trust me to lead you somewhere?" Chris asked and I shrugged.

"I feel like I should but I'm worried." I said and Chris laughed and kissed my cheek.

"You can trust me love, I promise." Chris said and I nodded. Chris walked me forward a few feet and then stopped, I heard a door open and Chris was us in. He removed his hands from my eyes as the lights turned on and I was standing in an empty store.

"What is this?" I asked looking around.

"It's one of the places I showed you where the salon could go." Chris said and I looked at him in shock. I then saw another woman standing in there with us. "Oh Sloan, this is Tara, my best friend and relator." Chris added and I shook her hand even though I was shocked still.

"What is going on?" I asked.

"Chris called me and said he was wanting to show you a couple of the properties that I think would be the best for a salon. I told him to talk to you about this and it was a bad idea." Tara said.

"Chris...can we talk for a minute?" I asked and he nodded. We went to the back corner of the store.

"What the fuck?!" I asked trying to keep my voice down. "I thought you were trying to make Boston appealing to me and right now you are just pissing me off! I said I wasn't ready to make a decision." I said and Chris groaned.

"And when will you be?! A month from now, 2 months...when?!" Chris asked.

"I don't know Chris! I have to check funds, find a place on my own...that even if I come to Boston! This was never set in stone and you pushing me to come here is actually pushing me further and further away." I said and Chris looked at me shocked.

"So you don't want to move to be close to me?!" Chris asked.

"Why do I have to move Chris?! Why is it always up to the woman to move?! Why don't you move in New Orleans?" I asked.

"My family is here..." Chris said.

"And my business and life are in New Orleans!" I yelled. We both we silent for a minute and I groaned.

"Chris, I love you, I do but you pushing me to make these choices and not giving me a chance to really even think about it...it's a lot." I said. Chris looked at me in shock.

"You what?" Chris asked and then it hit me what I said. There was no denying it now.

"I love you, but you are being a big idiot right now." I said and Chris quickly cupped my face and passionately kissed me. Once we broke apart, I just looked at him.

"I love you too." Chris said and I smiled, and he leaned down and kissed me again. Once we broke apart I punch him in the shoulder.

"I want to be mad at you Chris, I have every right to be mad." I said and he hung his head.

"Can't you let me just do this for you. Look at the places...please?" Chris said and I got out of his grip.

"No Chris, I can't and I won't be forced." I said and walked out of the building.

"I told you to talk to her you idiot." Tara said and walked out. "Sloan wait!" Tara yelled following me out.

"Listen, I'm sorry. I don't want to look at the places you have..." I said and she shook her head.

"I don't care, I wont force you. Listen, why don't I get Chris out of there and lock up then you and I go out to get some lunch." Tara said and I nodded.

"Just us?" I asked and she nodded.

"Yep, just us." Tara said and I smiled.

"Go wait at my car, I will get Chris to leave." Tara said and walked back to the store front. I sighed when I saw Chris leave. He tried to walked over to me and Tara stopped him I wasn't sure what was said but he headed to his car and I watched him drive away.

"Ready for some lunch and girl time?" Tara asked.

"Hell yeah." I said and Tara laughed as we got in her and drove off.