Chapter 22 - Not As Planned

Warning: This chapter does mention blood but only for one scene <3

Once you arrived at Sumeru, you decided to just go to Port Ormos just to see if Alhaitham was there.

"Y/n you're finally back, I need to speak with you." Alhaitham spotted you immediately.

"Oh what is it? I actually have to tell you something as well." You were nervous to tell him what happened back at Snezhnaya to say the least, but you had to.

"Please, come with me." You followed him to somewhere outside of Port Ormos, it only took a few minutes to get there. The two of you were now in a calm field of flowers, there were many different flowers surrounding the both of you. He held your hands in his, and you smiled at him.

"Y/n," He started, but then his eyes trailed off to somewhere else. "As our relationship has grown, I realized something. Something I did not before." He admitted.

You could feel your heart pounding, "What is it?

"I want to be with you, for the rest of my life. I apologize for not admitting this earlier." He looks into your eyes intently, you didn't feel the need to look away as you'd usually would with others.

"I would love that, but I wasn't able to quit the Fatui. Not unless I can think of something to change their minds." You sighed.

"When will you realize that I don't care about your affiliation with the Fatui? If you could stay here with me, that's all I'd like." He says as he puts his hand under your chin and tilts his head.

You simply nod while he looks at you lovingly. You couldn't tell him that you'd have to stay in Snezhnaya for most of the time, but who was stopping Childe from being in Liyue for half the time? But they would probably be more strict with you, thinking back to everything that happened.

After spending the one week you had with Alhaitham you never told him you had to go back. But you had a plan in mind, if things backfired then things could escalate from there.

"I have to go somewhere, I'll be back in one or two days. I promise." This was a risky thing to promise but if there was a plan A, then you definitely had a Plan B in mind.

"I understand, I hope to see you soon, Love." He kissed your forehead and you smiled.

It took you hours to get to Snezhnaya, but you woke up early enough to get there on time.

"So, What will you choose?" Pierro says like you even had a choice to begin with. But of course, that evil smile was on his face.

You took the Gnosis out of your bag, staring at it for a second or two. You shook your head. "No, I'm not giving it to you." Then suddenly you felt a sharp pain in your stomach, you turn around only to see Dottore holding a blade. Then he takes it out as you almost fall, there a pool of blood forming. All of a sudden you feel someone catch you. Before you could see who it was, you passed out.

You try to get up but the pain in your stomach was far too sore. Noticing your surroundings soon after, you have never been here before.

"I'm glad you're awake, now then. Y/n what were you thinking? You could've gotten killed." Your vision focuses and you see Childe sitting right next to where you're laying.

"Where am I?" You looked around the warm place, you heard voices not too far away from where both of you were.

"You're in my house actually– before you say anything I couldn't take you anywhere else, it would put you at risk." He sighs.

"I see...uhm how long have I been asleep for?"

"Only for about two days. I was starting to get worried, but thankfully you're okay." You try to get up again, trying to pretend the pain wasn't there. "Maybe it's best if you rest for a while, especially after that. You just woke up after all." He smiles at you, but you needed to go back to Sumeru now. That was supposed to be a part of the plan but– it backfired in the worst way possible.

"No, I need to go back to Sumeru–immediately." You say as you hold your stomach while getting up, wincing at the pain.

"It's too late for that now, its pitch black out there. If you feel better tomorrow you can go, but for now just lay down." Childe leaves the room and leaves you alone with your thoughts. You couldn't just sit here and do nothing, even if it was too late. There was a possibility it wasn't.

You slowly walk to the door and open it, as you walked farther down the hallway those vices from earlier become louder. You didn't want to be seen by anyone right now, you peeked around the corner and saw Childe and his siblings. There was no way you could go through the front door to just leave, so you just went back to the room you had woken up in.

You tried to open the window, surprisingly it worked. But out of the few rare occasions it would snow, of course it was today. You realized your shirt had been changed, it made you wonder who changed it, but you didn't worry about that now. It probably had blood on it anyway. You just had to find your coat and you could quickly get to Sumeru hopefully.

Your vision was still a little blurry, but you found your coat. It was just on the chair neatly tucked into the desk. You felt bad for having to escape, but you had to see if they were okay. You looked through the closet to see if you could find a scarf at least, and a red one caught your eye. It was the only one there so you took it.

As soon as you got to Monstadt on your way to Sumeru you could just take it off. It was a struggle to get out of the window but you eventually got to the other side. You still had to be weary of any Harbingers that were near just to be safe.

A/N: My dumbass forgot I had to write a chapter today because I was reading a completely different fanfic I was so invested in it and everything, anyway I'm sorry I didn't post this sooner I was so busy with school (still am) I literally have a test next week so I have to study unfortunately, if there's any spelling mistakes i'm sorry also I took so many screenshots of Alhaitham in the new Archon quest man is so fine