ᖇᗩIՏIᑎᘜ ᕼᗴᒪᒪ

NEW YORK
The Institute - Main Room

Alec, Clary, Izzy, Jace and Hodge were all gathered around a table. Izzy and Clary were seated on the table, Alec was in a chair while Jace stood behind him and Hodge walked over with a tablet, all five of them, staring at a screen in front of them. The screen had different pictures on it which Hodge was showing the young shadowhunters.

"Magnus Bane." Hodge said, selecting a photo then began to flick through other photos, showing them pictures of the man from different decades. "He's over 300 years old. And, as you can see, he's not exactly shied from the pleasures of every century. His taste are both exquisite and quite excessive."

"He looks like the Downworld's David Guetta." Clary remarked.

"Guetta's already a Downworlder." Izzy said with her ever present smirk. "Vampire? Ever seen him in the daylight."

"Can you two focus?" Alec said, a scowl on his face. "This is not a joke."

"Someone needs to get slayed." Izzy breathed out.

"Alec is right. Now, Magnus is one of the most powerful warlocks I've ever known. He has a deep mistrust of Shadowhunters." Hodge said seriously.

"Well then why did he help my mom remove my memories?" Clary asked, confused. "Isn't she a Shadowhunter?"

"Yes, one of the best." Hodge answered. "But 'help' might not be the most accurate word. Now did Magnus provide service for Jocelyn? Perhaps. But more than likely, your mother paid Magnus handsomely for his magic."

"Warlocks usually require payment before they help anyone with anything." Jace explained.

"Word from the Clave is that most of the warlocks have gone into hiding since Valentine began hunting them." Alec told them.

"Valentine must be searching for the warlock, where did Jocelyn-" Hodge began to say. His rune started to sear, cutting him off from speaking as he leaned against the table with a grunt.

"Hodge, your rune." Clary said, looking at him worriedly. Hodge nodded slowly in answering, breathing out.

"Hodge, who is that girl with Magnus?" Jace asked.

"What girl?" Hodge asked. Jace pointed to the picture of Magnus on the screen.
"The one with the dark skin and hair sitting on his right. I've noticed her in the last three of Magnus' recent pictures." He said.

There was something familiar about the girl to him but he couldn't put his finger on it. It was almost like he'd seen her before somewhere but there was also something else, something he couldn't figure out.

Hodge enlarged the picture to focus on the girl and scanned her face. Clary gasped softly as she recognized her but no one noticed it.

"I don't know. There's no record of her. She's probably one of Magnus' numerous friends. She could also be a mundane." Hodge said.

"That's my older sister." Clary said, catching the attention of the other shadowhunters.

"Sister?" Izzy and Jace asked.

"Yeah, her name's Alyssa. She's two years older than me." Clary replied.

"Why didn't you mention her before and why is she with Magnus Bane?" Jace asked.