Chapter Ten

Ian felt unsettled by the battle the day before, so he went mining.

If he ever felt uneasy, that's where he went.

Ian had no main objective, just be away from the others.

He spotted something shimmering at the end of his torchlight, so he went to investigate. It was an amethyst geode. Smaller than a normal geode, but it was cool enough for Ian, so he began hacking it out of the ground.

It didn't take long, but it did wear a bit of the strength in his arm, so Ian sat down in a patch of dark moss.

He heard a whisper of an underground wind.

Underground wind?

Ian turned to see a figure standing beside him.

"Long time no see, friend!" Nico cheerfully greeted him.

"N-Nico!" Ian cried happily.

Ian stood and reached for him, but his hand brushed through him and Nico's image flickered.

"Not actually here, my body is buried a few feet underground," Nico murmured.

"Nico, I'm so-," Ian started but Nico cut him off.

"I don't blame you, I understand mistakes, but I have found something, someone, who can help us."

Nico gestured to the moss Ian had been sitting on previously, "He doesn't like people stepping all over him, but he'll get over it."

The moss wriggled and grew and folded away, revealing a large, glowing purple seed.

"Take it," Nico ordered, suddenly serious.

Ian did, gently wrapping his hands around the seed and lifting it. The vines, no, tentacles, unleashed the seed and crumbled to dust.

"Plant it somewhere and the tentacles will grow for you. Don't ask about the physics, this guy isn't from our universe," Nico muttered.

"Mhm, noted," Ian studied the seed, "So what exactly...is this?"

"His power source. You have to use that to connect him back to this world. Hard to explain, maybe I'll show you," Nico stepped forward and raised his hand but Ian shook his head.

"I think I've got it, thanks," Ian stepped back. He slipped the seed into his backpack, "Is there a way I can bring you back?"

"We're working on it," Nico replied with a nervous laugh.

"I miss you man," Ian gave his friend a small smile, "Ever since you died, the others have been treating my like crap."

"Hey, we'll get out of this," Nico assured him.

Ian smiled at him and nodded, then started for the surface.

___________________
Word Count: 402

A/N: Oooo Nico and Tenti lore :00000