24

The agent from the Director's security personnel started snapping his fingers to get her attention, and pointed towards the flat screen television mounted on the wall.

"Target is on the move." The agent warned her.

The Director turned towards the agent, and then looked at the television.

She noticed that Jessica was now standing, and was gripping the railing overhead. The other passengers were also getting up, as the subway cart was coming to a stop.

Jessica stared at her own reflection in the glass as she waited for the door to open. She could feel rivulets of sweat dripping down her stomach. Patrick stopped in front of her, and she fixed her gaze on his broad back.

Jessica, stop and think for a moment why you are here?

She felt a knot tighten in her stomach. Francisco tragic assassination was leaving her unnerving and unbalanced; devastated. She loved him deeply, and his loss was a constant keening pain.

Patrick glanced over his right shoulder, and saw Jessica pulling her hair back off her face, and twisting it into a knot behind her head.

Think of something that could make her feel better.

"I always wanted to tell you. From the moment I saw you I noticed that you have that telegenic look. Ever thought of making it to Hollywood?" He laughed, playfully.

She pursed her lips for a second. "Aw, thank you. But I am not really into acting." She responded in a raspy voice.

I also wanted to tell you how much you have tempted countless man into sin. His thoughts were disrupted by the hissing sound of the doors being opened.

"Let us calmly walk to the exit."

She felt a fluttering feeling in her stomach that often came when she was on the edge of a breakthrough to something hidden.

What is the connection between the Lincoln Memorial and my uncle's assassination?

The Director watched Jessica through the Farragut West Station monitors, and saw her stepping off the subway cart, and crossing the station. The agent studied him for a second; nothing on his face except light reflecting off the screen. He exhaled, formulating a plan.

"Send a message to Farragut West Station Announcer with information on Ms. Cardelini. The announcer can try to reach Ms. Cardelini over the P.A."

"I am sending Ms. Cardelini's profile to P.A. Announcer right now."

The Director rubbed her fingers on her forehead. She had a slight headache.

I've slept poorly ever since I heard about you Ms. Cardelini.

She tried to follow Jessica's movement among the crowd as she watched her passing next to the restrooms.

But I've got a feeling this is about to end very shortly.

Patrick tried not to pay attention to Jessica's hips moving beneath her jeans. He used both hands to pull his dark blue cap down tight over his hair before scanning the area.

There are two Security Guards coming our way.

The overhead the nasal voice made another announcement. Taken aback, Jessica stood for a moment, frozen to the spot.

Did they just announce my name over the P.A.?

She started turning her head towards Patrick, when she suddenly felt him gripping her left arm, and forcing her to walk due east.