CH. 9: FORBIDDEN FRUIT

🔞NSFWCHAPTER 9:FORBIDDEN FRUIT

🔞NSFW
CHAPTER 9:
FORBIDDEN FRUIT.
Anne

It was a long day and I had much to think about. Jason Lannister basically loses any chance he had with Rhaenyra, and I was in my sisters bedchambers playing with Aegon.

“Look at you! So brave and cute!” He giggled as I lightly tossed him into the air, his white hair flopping slightly over his eyes as my sister stared out the window.

“If I did not birth Aegon myself, I would think him to be your son,” Alicent said, smiling at me as I rested Aegon on my hip.

“Being a mother is no easy feat, sister-”

“How are you so good with him? I-I struggle to get him to stop crying and fussing, and yet you come and he is fine. My own son does not love me,” I could see it in her eyes how tired and alone she was. In my eyes, she is not the Queen, but a girl who feels bad for not having a connection to her own child. For who could blame her? She was just a child.

My little sister.

“Alicent, that is not true. You are still young, and no one gave you the proper talks on how to do this because we were not born into royalty where they have that,” I wiped her tears away that fell from her eyes as I held Aegon.

“I am letting everyone down,” She sobbed, making me want to grab her and Aegon and run away to where no one knows us. 

“Oh, Alicent-”

A knock on the door sounded and before I could dismiss them, Alicent allowed them to come in. A wet nurse came in and took Aegon from my arms without hesitation as another maid followed. 

“My Queen,” they bowed.

“Lady Hightower?” Hearing my mothers title being used for me still felt so foreign, and it was probably the same for my sister.

“Yes? Is something the matter?” 

“I know it has been a long day, but the Princess has requested your presence in her chambers.”

I lifted my brow, “Oh? Is it something urgent?”

“She did not discuss that, but I do apologize. I know it has been a lengthy day,” She curtsied before leaving and I kissed Alicent on her forehead before following.

“No, no, it’s alright. Perhaps it is another sleepover to discuss the day, and she is considering some proposals after all,” I speculated, as she seemed kind of in a daze after today's events and the night was not helping with my tiredness.

“I do hear that Jason Lannister is off the table?” She questioned as we got closer and I could see Sir Criston.

“Yes.”

“Mind my rudeness, but I would not have liked him for Princess Rhaenyra. He is rather self centered,” I chuckled.

“It’s quite alright. I feel the same. Hello Sir Criston, I believe Rhaenyra is expecting me,” He gave me a nod before opening the door and letting me in, closing it behind me. But I did not see Rhaenyra, atleast not at first.