chapter one ✔︎

Seventeen years ago, in the darkest part of Indrid, in the Darkway, a future queen, Hyeon, was born. From the moment she was born, her mother, the current queen, Jiyoon, realized that her daughter would be the most powerful poisoner of the last centuries, choosing her this name, which means power, mystery, darkness and depth.

When the princess turns eighteen, there will be the biggest party that Darkway has ever seen, princes from other kingdoms will be invited, and the queen must find her soul mate, with whom she will be crowned.

On the opposite side of the Darkway, in another kingdom, in Seris, Sunghoon, the future king, was born. His name means agile, clear and succession. His mother, Queen Hanny, knew that. Sunghoon would be a good elemental, which means he can master all the elements in one continuous sequence.  What made her choose this name for him, because since birth she saw in him perseverance.

DARKWAY

• Hyeon is the most powerful poisoner in centuries, as her mother predicted

• Hyeon is the most powerful poisoner in centuries, as her mother predicted. She can drink any poison, no matter how strong, and is unaffected, maybe just a little stomach ache. She can make the most powerful poisons that can kill people with just one drop.  Due to this fact, she is called the most feared future queen that the Darkway could have. Being known for her manipulative gaze.

• She is very competitive and hates when people meddle in her business.

• She loves to be challenged because she always knows she will win.

"Thinking of you is a poison I drink often."

SERIS

• Sunghoon can master all elements, of course not all equally well

• Sunghoon can master all elements, of course not all equally well.  He can start a fire with just a flick of his fingers and he can start a storm with just his mind.  Everyone says his specialty is ice, that's why he's also called ice price.

• He is very confident in his appearance and confident in what he does.

• He likes to play with people's minds and feelings.  He likes when he sees in front of him a man who is not sure of himself because he can play him as he wants.

"You are like snow, beautiful, but cold"

IN THE PRESENT: DARKWAY

The waiters, maids and housekeepers walk alertly in the palace, making sure that everything is ready for the big day tomorrow even though it is late.  My parents, overseeing and giving orders since this morning, want everything to be perfect.

Tomorrow practically starts a new life, but theoretically, it's just a continuation of everything I've lived so far. I have to follow the silly tradition with my soul mate. Soulmates?  I don't believe in that. Of course I fought back, but my mother keeps telling me that this tradition has been circulating for over millions of years and that's how she met my father, and they love each other very much. I can't deny that, they really care about each other, it's obvious that they love each other. But soulmates are created together and in love before they are even born.  I don't want to believe this thing, because love makes you weak. When you love, you feel pain, but pain turns into power, so, you need love, for power.