chapter three ✔︎

THE BIRTHDAY PARTY: THE MEETING

The guests begin to arrive, the noise from the ballroom can be heard in my room.

Yoona had finished my makeup, and following my mother's orders, she left the room.

I was sitting quietly in front of my parents, who seemed to have been waiting for this moment forever. They looked at me proudly with a smile from ear to ear.

"Are you ready to go down?" asks dad.

I nod slightly, and take my father's arm, who leads me to the front of the ballroom.

He lets go of my hand, smiles at me, and the big doors open in front of us.

As I did in rehearsals, I stepped in front first, my parents following a few steps behind me.

I fake a smile and move forward with my back straight towards the table where I was sitting with my family and finally with the chosen prince.

The largest room in the palace was full. Almost the entire room was full of princes from other kingdoms.

I got to the table, and as I sat down, my mother started talking.

"Don't sit down yet, you must go to all the princes and thank them for coming."

"I'll thank them when they leave" I say and sit down at the table.

My mom looks at me with that look that I think everyone knows.

I snorted in exasperation and followed her.

While my mother was talking and greeting everyone, I was sitting behind her with a bored face. Thanking every prince was the last thing I would have done. As if I had invited them.

To my surprise, when I reached almost the last family, I realized that not as many princes had come as the hall seemed full.

After my mother gives me a sharp look, understanding what she means, I crack a smile.

I went forward with my mother, and I arrived at the table of the Park family, who were a family of elementals, according to my father, I had to marry someone strong, and according to my mother, I had to marry the person I love, but I can't satisfy both of them. Dad always when he got the chance tried to convince me to marry the son of the Park family, who was heard to be very powerful, but he also had a second option, the son of the Sim family, who was a quite famous and powerful naturalist.

My mother started thanking them for taking the time to come to my party.

I was standing next to my mother and approving of her.

Mother and Queen Hanny have known each other for a long time.  The two of them united the kingdoms for two years, a long time ago, in order to protect our kingdoms from wars, so the two of them retreated to my family's table, and began to talk.

Great, now how could I leave without looking like a jerk.

I bowed wanting to leave as quickly as possible, I mumbled a "thank you for coming" King Kyun gave me a respectful nod and their son smiled and replied with a bow.

I smiled back at him, and headed for the garden, because the ball room was far too hot and far too crowded.

I sat on a bench and gazed at the stars, until a voice behind me disturbed my peace.

"There's a birthday party inside, and you're staying outside."

I turn to see the son of the Park family sitting next to me on the bench. It's beautiful as fuck.  His side-profile is perfect and his voice is murderous.

"I don't remember letting you sit down next to me."

He ignores my words and comes closer.

"Park Sunghoon." He says and extends his hand to meet. 

I look at his hand, then at him.

"And you're?"

"Why are you asking if you already know my name, but if you really don't, you're lucky."

"How do you know if I know your name?

"Everyone knows my name."

"Are you sure about this?" he says, trying to make me believe his words.

"Yes. I'm born to make history."

He remains silent and looks in my eyes.

I get up and want to go inside.

"Are you leaving already?"

"It's none of your business."

I go inside, and enter the bathroom, holding my hand on my chest, where my heart was beating very fast.

Crap, I'm in love.