chapter four ✔︎

THE BIRTHDAY PARTY: THE WALTZ

SUNGHOON'S PERSPECTIVE

After Hyeon leaves the garden and enters the castle, I smile slightly as I stand up from the bench, entering only a few minutes after her as the waltz is on.

I went straight to the ballroom with a grin on my face.

I go to Hyeon because the waltz is coming.

When she sees me, she slightly rolls her eyes, thinking that I won't notice.

"Princess Hyeon" I say but I don't get to finish the sentence because Prince Sim Jaeyun extends his hand to her, and she accepts it, going to the dance floor together.

A very wrong move Ji Hyeon.

HYEON'S PERSPECTIVE

I was looking at Sunghoon, a small smile appearing on my lips.

I fooled him and Jaeyun

The waltz followed after the dance with Jaeyun, and I managed to avoid it perfectly, now standing in my room.

I didn't want to dance the waltz with any of the princes because that means I'll have to marry one of them, as tradition says.

There is a knock on the door, I sigh and get up.

I open the door, a Sunghoon appearing in front of me.

I want to close the door but he blocks it with his hand, goes inside and closes it after him.

"What do you want?" I ask visibly disturbed by his presence.

"To dance the waltz with you," he says with a grin on his face.

"Well... too late. I already danced the waltz with Prince Jaeyun."

He laughs lightly.

"Yes, you're right, that's what you wanted us all to believe. But guess what, you can't fool me."

I smirk.

"I already did."

He looked at me confused.

"According to my watch, the waltz will be over in less than a minute."

"Oh, yeah?" he says with a smile on his face."Well, too bad for you that your parents didn't tell you all about the waltz."

Sunghoon grabs my waist and pulls me close to him.

He put my hand on his shoulder and we start moving to the music.

"What do you mean?" I ask confused.

"The ending counts." he says and I do a pirouette to the music, and then I lean back as the end of the waltz.

"If you finished the waltz with me, even if we didn't dance from the beginning, as tradition says" he approaches my ear and whispers "you are mine".

He smiles and leaves my room.

He tried to trick me and it worked.

He played with me.

I sigh in frustration.

I hear a knock on the door and my mother enters.

"Prince Park Sunghoon, good choice" she says with a smile on her face.

If you knew it wasn't my choice.

"I'm glad you started to understand the soul mate thing."

"If you say so."

"You have to go down and say goodbye to the princes and thank them for coming."

"But I already thanked them when they came, what's the point of thanking them again, and why me? I didn't invite them."

"Ji Hyeon." my mother yelled at me.

I get out of bed and go downstairs to the guests.

I made eye contact with Prince Jaeyun, the one I was trying to avoid.

I smile at him slightly and go to him.

"Thank you so much for coming to my birthday party, and I hope you had fun, have a good night." I bow.

"Thank you very much for the invitation, happy birthday again."

I smile and nod.

I bowed again and went to thank the other princes.

I arrived in front of Sunghoon.

"I can't believe that I don't have to say goodbye to you." sigh "Why did it have to be you."