Chapter One

"Rose" 

I feel someone lightly nudge my shoulder, I wave them away with a sigh as I lay in my hands. "Rose!" They whisper, this time more impatiently.

"What?" I mumble lifting my head from my desk. Allie's blue eyes stare down at me as I brush my dark hair from of my eyes. "What do you want Allie?" She blinks at me for a minute before grinning.

"Jesus Ro, you are not a pretty sleeper."

"Oh flip off Allie!" I whisper-shout. "Did you seriously wake me up just to tell me that? Because I was having a really good dream and if you don't mind I'm going to-" My voice trails off as I notice the weird way she's staring at me. 

"Al, what is it now?" She scrunches up her face, holding back a giggle and points to a puddle of drool on my desk.

"I think that you left a bit of your incredible dream for someone else to clean up" she giggles. I feel my face heat up with embarrassment, Alice, or Allie as I liked to call her, had been my best friend since we were born, so she had seen a fair amount of my drool in the 17 years that I had known her, what I was more concerned about was Aaron. 

I've had a crush on Aaron for almost as long as I had known him, and had only just started to get used to the fact that he will never like me back. So I do not need Allie shouting about my embarrassing habits loud enough for him to hear.

"Allie, I swear to god if you don't shut your face right now I will tell the entire class about your obsession with Max." Allie clamped her mouth shut to refrain from giggling and her face went serious. I turn my attention to Mr Hall and begin concentrating on my maths when I notice Aaron staring at me.

"Drool, huh?"

Oh flip flops.

I feel my face heat up as Aaron and Allie erupt into a fit of laughter.

"I think it's kinda cute Rosie pie." chuckles Aaron. I make a face at him and pretend that I don't care.

"Shut up." I sigh as the room was fills with giggles.

"Rose, can you pay attention please." Mr Hall says.

"Mhm, sorry sir." I turn my attention to the board and start to copy out the example equations. We're learning trigonometry, which is definitely one of my stronger areas in maths.

About 5 minutes has passed and I am just starting question 7 when I feel as though someone is watching me, I look around the classroom and lock eyes with Aaron, his jaw is clenched and I can't quite make out his expression, curiosity bubbles up inside me as he studies me.

"What" I mouth at him, for a moment he looks startled. He then works his jaw before abruptly turning away. focusing on his work.

Odd...