Chapter 4: Wonder Woman; part 4

Diana POV December 25, 1917

It's been a few weeks of taking out different manufacturing plants that were making Giftstoff and other arms for the central powers. Over this time the generals from before have recognized that The Annihilator existed as surviving soldiers have seen it.

We were on our way to the next location where we were going to find out where this last plant was.

I overheard the boys talking about me and Sammy said, "You mean there is an island full of women like her?"

Steve: Well not quite, no woman can be just like her.

Charlie: where the hell is this place?

Steve: I uh, don't quite remember.

Sammy: do you really believe all that god stuff she said?

Steve: Sammy, a living suit of armor tried to kill me, I saw that woman throw a German boat at the enemy like a baseball without even trying, and we all saw her do all the other things she can do, at this point you could tell me Atlantis exists and I'd believe you.

Sammy: well Charlie and I haven't seen everything she can do.

"And you never will, so keep it in your pants Samir."

Sammy: I forgot she could hear us.

Steve: switching the topic, Charlie you got that portable radio the government asked us to help field test.

Charlie: yeah, and as far as I can tell it's still functioning. How Napi got this to us unharmed though I will never know.

"Anything important coming through?"

Charlie: not that I can tell.

We arrived to the location and Charlie immediately said, "apparently, a town we freed is being recaptured."

"Which one?"

Charlie: the one we left a few days ago and... oh no, some of the soldiers are saying they heard the Germans saying the Annihilator will be deployed soon.

"I'm heading back there."

Steve: wait, we still have that central powers gala to get info from, we'll be heading straight to the plant after we get that info. Radio us when you get done and we'll tell you our location.

"Understood."

I took off flying in the direction of the town.

Steve POV

"Charlie stay on lookout and take out anyone heading our way if we're caught. Sammy we're going to steal a car. You're my driver."

Sammy: got it.

We killed one of the guests and I put on his uniform and Sammy took the place of the driver.

We got up and the man asked for our ticket and we proceeded to make him feel awkward by acting like Sammy, my driver, forgot the invite to the point he let us through.

I got in and started looking for Dr. Maru. I found her and started to chat her up.

"Excuse me, are you Dr. Isabel Maru?"

Maru: yes I am. H-have we met?

"No, but I've been following you're work. Quite brilliant really your work with giftstoff."

I moved closer and said, "excuse my informal demeanor, I know general Ludendorff and you are close."

Maru: We work well together, yes. Who are you exactly?