Story Introduction

Nothing about Evelyn Sherman’s life was going to plan. Relationships had failed her. She was raising her sassy 14-year-old daughter Elizabeth on her own while her own mother was in a battle for her life. Just when she thought she was getting a grasp on life, an unlikely confession sent her into a whirlwind once again. She found herself on the way to Glenwood Springs, Colorado in search of a sister she didn’t know existed. 

As the oldest of five siblings, Damon Mason always felt the weight of the world on his back. He was a quiet observer and often time labeled grumpy and stubborn. Both of those adjectives may have been true, but they were for good reason. He wasn’t the type of man that was looking for a relationship, instead, he was content with no strings attached casual hookups. He ended up with the shock of his life when his latest hook-up turned back up with way more strings attached than intended.

When Life Throws Curves is the third book in the Mason Brother Series. Each story is a stand-alone, but the characters and some secondary storylines do intermingle. For the best reading experience, I suggest reading the other two stories first: When We Go Back Again and When the Music Ends.

This story is meant for mature reading audiences and may contain topics that are triggering for some readers. All places, people, and events are made up or only loosely based in fact. This story contains solely my work and should not appear under any other author’s name. 

Please favorite the chapters and leave comments as you go along. Keep up to date on current and future works by following my Instagram page: jsmith_writes