Chapter 58

warning(s): pregnancy/i skip it but the reader still technically gives birth this chapter too
i think it's time <3 the next upload will come a lot sooner than you think <3

"Oh, goodie~!"

Two Weeks Later

A low growl left you when your hearing picked up the sound of ceramic scraping against ceramic, your hands moving to cover your ears. Ever since Miranda gave you the cadou two weeks ago, your senses had enhanced tenfold — the only positive thing to come of it had been the height. You still weren't as tall as Alcina, but at least it was only a foot difference instead of multiple. Alcina shifted and pulled you closer to her, pressing a kiss to the back of your neck as she rubbed soothing circles on your stomach.

You nearly leaped out of bed when you remembered the deal you and Alcina agreed to, deciding to move her hand — and ignore the growl that came with the action — to get out of bed. Before you could make it to the bathroom, however, a hand grabbed your wrist and forced you to stop. You glanced back and met sleepy, gold eyes, pulling a chuckle out of you as you pressed a tender kiss on her forehead.

"I'm just using the bathroom," You promised — a half-truth, but the truth nonetheless. "I'll be right back."

"You better be," Alcina grumbled before releasing you. "It's my day off. I want to sleep in and cuddle you."

"So needy," You giggled before slipping into the bathroom.

If you were still mortal — if your heart was capable of beating still — you were sure Alcina would know something was up the moment you shut the bathroom door. You hesitantly grabbed one of the tests made for this moment, your nerves feeling fried the entire time. Thoughts raced through your mind — thoughts you tried to dispel as quickly as they arrived. After waiting for the allotted time, you glanced over at the test.

'Positive...' Your mind skidded to a halt. 'Aphrodite kept her promise...'

A knock at the door made you jump and hide the test in the trash. If Alcina found it at some point, then so be it. You opened the door and sent a sheepish smile to Alcina, promising to be out in a moment before shutting it again. After quickly washing your hands — again — you left the bathroom and joined Alcina in bed.

The chances Alcina knew were high — But, she never bothered bringing it up. Instead, Alcina pulled you close and nuzzled into your neck, a content hum leaving her. You rubbed circles on her back with a faint smile on your face, glancing up at the door when you heard a soft knock. The door opened partially before a single gold eye appeared in the darkness. You smirked at the squeak that came from it, now knowing it was Daniela that was checking in. When you motioned for her to enter, she immediately swarmed over to you, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"...Have you checked?" You nearly cooed at Daniela's soft tone and pleading eyes.

"I have," You hummed, feeling Alcina shift slightly. 'So she's still awake?'

"Well?!"

"At breakfast," You promised and cooed her pout this time. "Don't give me that look — it always works."