001. AND HER FEET DOWN TO THE GROUND

MAY 1ST, 2001
"What the fuck did I tell you?!" It felt like blood was pouring out of my eyes. I don't know how to describe it. Every time a tear would fall, it felt like I'd just been cut even deeper. But then again I couldn't feel anything. What was happening to me?

"You're so fucking stupid, Cammie!" Why? Why was it him? I couldn't look at him. I couldn't look at him like this. It wasn't Cal. It couldn't be him. There's nothing you could say to convince me it was him. Oh, boy am I getting bad again. I'm delusional.

"Cal?" I got one singular word out after what seemed like hours of standing there completely frozen in fear. I'd never felt so scared before. I'd felt the feeling that I was going to die. Actually die. Oh god I wasn't ready. I know I've said it, I know I've tried it, I know I swore I didn't want to be here but God. It's not been long enough. I don't want to die.

SEPTEMBER 3RD, 2000

C A M M I E

"Nice shoes." I heard from beside me. I looked down at my off brand Doc Martens and smiled. Not bothering to look up at who complimented me.

"Thanks," finally I gazed up at him, "I like your shirt." I complimented his Pearl Jam shirt. He smiled like I did and continued to sit beside me on the bench. It was the first day of school for everyone, but the first day at this school for me. It sucks being the new kid.

"Listening to anything good?" He asked motioning to the headphones around my neck.

I nodded, "Sometimes. By My—" His eyes widened and he smiled again. His smile is perfect. Wait a minute, everything about him is perfect. My God, he's cute.

"My Bloody Valentine!" I couldn't believe my ears. I'd never really met anyone who liked them but me. It's hard to find people with stellar music taste though.

I beamed, "you like them?"

"Fuck yeah," he said, "I'm Calvin. Or- or Cal."

"Cammie." I grinned immensely. I liked him a lot. A whole lot. This day had been an absolute nightmare, and this was the light at the end of the tunnel. A really bright light. He made the whole rest of my day better immediately.

"See ya, Cammie." He got up and continued down the hallway. I looked back down to my iPod about to unpause the song when I heard a loud noise. I looked back in Cal's direction and the books and folders he had been holding were knocked out of his hands.

"Nice shirt, faggot!" I felt disgusted and I felt terrible second hand embarrassment from that guy. And of course he was wearing a letterman jacket. He giggled to his pals and just left Cal there with all his things to pick up. I wouldn't helped but he picked them up so fast and booked it down the hallway. I felt so bad. I was dying to know more about him. He was so mysterious and strange. In a good way.

a/n ~ i finally got my lazy ass to update this book! sorry of this was kinda lame but i'm just trying to start everything up. hope you liked it! <3