Foreword

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

A U T H O R ' S N O T E

We are all human.

We love, lose, cry, we smile and laugh and live our lives. Everyone's different - not everyone fears the same things, or love the same people for the same reasons, and this is important to remember. We are not all alike.

This book is for all of us.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

E P I G R A P H

"It's so curious: one can resist tears and 'behave' very well in the hardest hours of grief. But then someone makes you a friendly sign behind a window, or one notices that a flower that was in bud only yesterday has suddenly blossomed, or a letter slips from a drawer... and everything collapses. "

― Colette

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

S Y N O P S I S

She had thown away her life, they told her. She had ruined an already broken home, run away form a damaged future to an even more damaged past, and she was suffering. They told her they didn't think she'd last, that what she made now - what she put her heart and soul and everything into - wasn't enough, not nearly, and that she was too far gone to change it.

Then Aiden came along. His smile easy, his future bright, his laughter light and for anyone to share. Cami can't help but trust him, can't help but love his silly little nick-names and made-up romantics and all the random facts he spurts about flowers.

That is, until she learns about the hidden truth he carries, the dark secret. His sister is dying, his family is falling apart, and he has turned to Cami for help, because she knows how to handle pain like this.

But she doesn't know if she is ready to face it one more time, and if she is willing to not only help him solve his problems, but solve her own as well.

It would involve reading letters she has never opened, talking to people and trusting people she told herself she would never see again, and more than that - she would have to let go of her carefully constructed lie, diving headfirst into truths she refuses to think about. Too much truth can break a person, Cami knows, and she is determined to keep her life as simple as possible. Aiden was never a part of her plan, and now her life is crumbling. She is beginning to fall.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

A B O U T

I have been thinking about doing something other than a dystopian or a novella for a while, and this story has been a project for some time. It is only recently, however, that I've been plotting and developing and creating what has now become The rain project. The characters have now been created, the relationships formed and the bonds explored, and, last but not least, the fears uncovered.

This story is as much about my own fears as anything. Mind you, the fears here are not my own - not by far - but I've had to challenge myself recently, and this work has helped me dealing with it.

This story is marked mature due to some of the content being difficult to understand, maybe a bit diffuse, and there may be swearing (though not sex or anything like that, there may be violence).

This is a work of fiction. Any similarity to a plot or person, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.

All rights reserved.

s t a t u s:

Ongoing (Starting September 2015)

d i s c l a m e r:

I do not own the quote written above - all rights goes to the respectful owner.

I do not own the picture used on the cover - all rights goes to the respectful owner.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤