Epilogue

[I didn't know if I should put this in. It's pretty bad anyways but if you want to read it, go ahead]

As we grew up I saw less of Vern and Chris, I heard that Vern got married and had a few kids. He is now a forklift operator. Chris did end up doing college courses and he became a lawyer. But I was reading the newspaper one afternoon and found that while Chris was at a fast food restaurant he tried to break up a fight but one of the men had a knife and Chris was stabbed in the throat and he died almost instantly. Gordie Grew up and had a couple of kids, we were still friends, just as we had promised, but we weren't as close as we were back then, one day Gordie reached out to me, he told me that he did end up writing about us and our adventure to find Ray Brower. He said he wanted me to have a copy of the book although he didn't know if he would publish it or just keep it, I told him he should publish it because it was amazing every detail was written just as I remembered it and I know that Chris would be proud.

As for me and Teddy we ended up getting married, we had a few kids and Teddy always tells them stories about our times as kids and all his army stories too of course. Teddy tried many times to get into the army but his eyes and ear kept him out. I'm just grateful to be with him.

[Thank you so so much for reading, love you all hope you enjoyed the book and have a great rest of your day/night]