Pt 3 "Who's got the food?"

"Have will travel" we sing "reads the card of a man, a knight without armour in a savage land, his fast gun hire, heeds the calling wind, a soldier of fortune he's a man called... paladin"

Me and Teddy continue singing after the others stop "Paladin, paladin, where do you roam? Paladin paladin far, far from home"

"Hey I'm kinda hungry, who's got the food?" Vern asks, we stop walking.

"Shit! Did anyone bring anything?" Teddy asks.

"Shit no" I say.

"Not me, gordie?" Chris says, Gordie shakes his head.

"This is great, what are we supposed to do? Eat our feet?" Teddy asks.

"You mean you didn't bring anything either?" Chris asks.

"Shit this wasn't my idea, this was Vern's idea, why didn't you bring something?" Teddy asks.

"What am I supposed to do? Think of everything? I brought the comb" Vern defends.

"Oh great you brought the comb. What do you need a comb for? You don't even have any hair!" Teddy yells.

"I brought the comb for you guys! So you could have a comb!" Vern says.

"Hey! Hey! Hey!" Gordie breaks up the fight "lets see how much money we've got"

We sit on the train tracks and dig through our pockets to find any money "I got a dollar and two, sixty-eight cents from Chris, sixty-five cents from Andie, sixty cents from Teddy" Gordie collects all our money then holds his hand out to Vern. Vern reluctantly hands him a few measly coins, Gordie looks at the before he speaks "Seven cents, Vern?"

"I haven't found my pennies yet" Vern shrugs.

"Well three o two's not bad, Quidachalo's at the end of that little road that goes by the junkyard, I think we can get some stuff there" Gordie says.

"Train coming" Chris says, and we all get up and walk off the train tracks... except teddy.

"Come on Teddy" Chris says.

"Teddy, get off the tracks!" I order.

"No I'm gonna dodge it" Teddy mumbles.

"Come on teddy man, get off the tracks, You're crazy" Chris says.

Teddy keeps mumbling, staring straight at the train.

"Get the heck off the tracks, you wanna get yourself killed?" Chris yells, when Teddy doesn't get off, Chris runs up onto the tracks and grabs Teddy pulling him off, once he gets down the train passes and I hold Teddy back from trying to hurt Chris.

"I'm just tryna save your life man, you wanna kill yourself?" Chris yells "Is that what you want gosh dammit? You tried to kill yourself!" Teddy stops struggling and I let go of him.

"I don't need no babysitter" He looks at Chris.

"You do too" Chris says "... skin it" He holds out his hand to Teddy, he shakes his head.

"I could have dodged it" He walks.

"Listen teddy" Chris stops Teddy "you can dodge it on the way back man... peace" he holds out his hand again "skin it" And finally Teddy does.

We get to the back of the junkyard. The only thing separating us is a chain link fence and a sign saying 'no trespassing keep out' which we completely ignore.

"Hey vern looks like your ma's been out driving again" Gordie says.

"That's so funny I forgot to laugh" Vern replies.