Chapter 7

As I expected, Derek was gone when I woke up. I'm not even expecting anymore. Derek hates me, he finds me annoying... he will never like me.

[Are you okay? Why are you coming here?] Mark asked on the other line.

"Don't go to work right now. I need someone with me," I said then looked at myself in the mirror before leaving my room.

I'm ready to go, I'm just wearing a black long sleeve mesh crop top with a black tube underneath and paired it with a high-waisted jeans. I missed wearing clothes like this. I'm always busy with work.

"Cook breakfast for me. Make sure your fridge has lots of beer in it. I'm too lazy to go to your bar, I want to be at peace first," I said then went straight to the kitchen to drink water.

I frowned when I noticed someone covering the table. I immediately lifted the red cover with holes that housekeepers always use to cover dishes to avoid bugs coming into your food.

Fried rice with egg and bacon? Who cooked this? Derek? I thought he doesn't know how to cook?

I just shook my head and covered it again. I won't eat this, it might not taste good.

[Hey, why are you so quiet?]

I only came to my senses when I heard Mark's voice on the other line. I just sighed and scratched the back of my neck.

"Don't cook breakfast, I'll eat it here," I just said and took a spoon and fork from the counter and sat on the chair.

I don't want to waste food and besides, it seems like Derek wasn't the one who cooked this. I'll give this one a try.

[It seems like you're enjoying your food. By the way, what time are you going here?]

"Give me at least thirty minutes," I answered and instantly ended the call.

I swallowed and tried to taste it. I cringed when I noticed that the fried rice was too salty as well as the egg. If I eat it every day I might get sick because of the taste.

I just shook my head and continued eating. I'm just eating this because I don't want to waste food, that's all.

After waiting a few minutes to eat that fried rice, I brushed my teeth and left. I didn't put on make up because I was only going to see Mark.

I went straight to Mark's unit. I just took a taxi so it wouldn't be a hassle. I've been there for how many times. I often sleep there when I get too drunk. I trust Mark, he may be a goofball but he never took advantage of me.

Mark ended up in a high-end condominium now, it's close to his bar so he brings me here when I'm really drunk. Because he knows that I will be angry if he brings me home drunk. I don't want Dad to see me drunk.

I already know the PIN code of Mark's unit so I didn't ring the doorbell. I just went straight inside.

My forehead creased when Mark immediately rushed to my direction. He's wearing a simple t-shirt and shorts with an apron. Mark is a good cook, he's way better than me.

"I told you not to cook breakfast for me anymore," I said and kissed him on his lips. I must have gotten used to greeting him like that.

"Ahm, didn't you read my text? I told you not to go because my friends are coming," he whispered. I frowned and shook my head. My phone is on silent.

"So what if your friends come? Any problem with that?" I asked with raised eyebrows.

"Those are all men. Maybe you'll get bored," he said, seeming worried.

"As long as they're not bad people. Maybe they're not killers, right?" I laughed and hugged his arm.

"They are killers though," he murmured.