"Rowan Doesn't Care About Aelin, He Hit Her"- Kindly Develop a Brain

"Rowan doesn't care about Aelin, he hit her"- Rowan is an immortal Fae warrior who has hit pretty much everyone on the planet. I'd like to make this clear- violence is bad. I do not in any way shape or form support violence. I, however, am no SJM character. 

Rowan Whitethorn (who was, I'll admit, an asshole for a good part of Heir if Fire) is a three hundred year old warrior who has been assigned to train Aelin Ashryver Galathynius. In his mind at this time, Aelin is just another difficult soldier. Argumentative, stubborn and from his POV at the time, spoiled- Bird Boy's worst nightmare. Rowan mentioned beating Cairn while training him, Lorcan mentioned punishing people in his war camps for doing less than walking into his tent without permission. Somehow, I don't think he meant writing lines on a whiteboard or skipping break time as punishment. 

Rowan (once again I agree violence is bad) heard someone say that the genocide of his people was ok, perhaps even a good thing, and he reacted like any 300+ Fae warrior would. He was not trying to beat her into thinking that she was worthless or he was superior, he was treating her as he would anyone in Aelin's position at the time. He did not see her as his mate or Fireheart yet, or have any other feelings for her other than dislike. It would be different if he was an abusive asshole who hit women to make himself feel like a man, but that was not the case.  

And since then, Rowan and Aelin did develop feelings for one another and both nearly died multiple times to keep each other safe. 

For the final time, and I'm not sure why I'm bothering because I am positive someone will mention this, I DO NOT THINK VIOLENCE IS ALRIGHT AT ALL. PHYSICAL AND VERBAL ABUSE IS NOT OK. UNLESS YOU ARE A 300 YEAR OLD FAE WARRIOR READING THIS, DO NOT PUNCH SOMEONE. IF YOU THINK YOU ARE A 300 YEAR OLD FAE YOU MIGHT WANNA TALK TO SOMEONE ABOUT THAT HONEY.