I Dream of Sarah

Even Bad Guys Sleep at Night

                                                                         A notion by Lord Rapier

A very bad man, known as the Belgian, captured Charles Irving Bartowski, also known as Chuck. He's the Intersect. His mind was uploaded with all the secrets of the government. He was held captive day and night, in a small lab in Northern Thailand. He was there for approximately 30 days. Sarah Walker, his partner and love, John Casey, his partner, and Morgan Grimes, his best friend; together known as Team Bartowski, were searching worldwide for any sign of him. They were not having much luck.

During the day Chuck, was being subjected to a major mind torture. The Belgian wanted him to "Flash", so they could harvest the information in his mind, and sell it to the highest bidder. Little did they know Chuck no longer had access to The Intersect. That information had been suppressed. No amount of torture, or mind manipulation was going to give them what they wanted. All the chemicals and electric shock did were cause trauma to Chuck and his brain.

With or without the Intersect Chuck Bartowski was a brilliant man, resourceful and capable. During the day while these evil men were messing with his head, he kept remembering that his team was looking for him. And he knew they would never give up. Neither would he. He knew that he had to find a way to keep his mind together. More than ever, he could not afford to freak out. He had to maintain that line between Sanity and .... he had to find a way to stay sane inside insanity.

It didn't take him long to figure out that there were periods of time when they were not messing with him. Feeding him drugs and false information. It occurred to Chuck That Even Bad Guys Sleep at Night. He had his plan; he would use those "free" times to save his mind. To remember the people and things that were important to him. He just had to stay strong till Sarah got here. She was coming, he just knew that she was. Soon enough Chuck was not feeling the probing; the drugs seemed to be a little less invasive. He puts his plan into action and began to dream.

A/N Glad you took the time to check out this story. Hopefully you'll have an opportunity to see many stories by many authors. This is not AU, maybe you could call it crossover. It is Chuck's attempt at keeping his mind together while being chemically tortured, which took place in Phase 3. His lucid dreams are influenced by his thoughts of rescue, mixed with his real-life memories, in this case a TV show. This is a PG story. I hope you enjoy.

I Dream of Sarah

By Lord Rapier

Edited and guided by ParaDocs

Major Charles Irving Bartowski was excited, his whole life has led up to this moment. His training was the best in the world. He was the perfect specimen of mind, body, and spirit. As he reclined, strapped into his seat in the small, enclosed space surrounded by monitors, buttons and switches, his heart was beating fast, his breathing rapid and shallow. Speaking aloud, "Get your act together Chuck, this is no time to freak out, you're about to be the first man in space."

It wasn't working his heart wasn't slowing. He knew he had to go deeper into his meditation, get himself calm, and in control. He could hear the countdown progressing in his headset "T minus sixty seconds and counting, we have ignition." He could feel the rumble of the engines as they ignited, envisioning the exhaust being released into the air.

The voice in his headset seems louder than ever before, and he could hear his own heartbeat in his ears.

"T minus 30 seconds and counting all systems go, Gantry towers fully retracted," The rumble of the engines grows louder.