You're My only Hope

Even Bad Guys Sleep at Night

A notion by Lord Rapier

A very bad man, known as the Belgian, captured Charles Irving Bartowski, also known as Chuck. He's the Intersect. His mind was uploaded with all the secrets of the government. He was held captive day and night, in a small lab in Northern Thailand. He was there for approximately 30 days. Sarah Walker, his partner and love, John Casey, his partner, and Morgan Grimes, his best friend; together known as Team Bartowski, were searching worldwide for any sign of him. They were not having much luck.

During the day Chuck, was being subjected to a major mind torture. The Belgian wanted him to "Flash", so they could harvest the information in his mind, and sell it to the highest bidder. Little did they know Chuck no longer had access to The Intersect. That information had been suppressed. No amount of torture, or mind manipulation was going to give them what they wanted. All the chemicals and electric shock did were cause trauma to Chuck and his brain.

With or without the Intersect Chuck Bartowski was a brilliant man, resourceful and capable. During the day while these evil men were messing with his head, he kept remembering that his team was looking for him. And he knew they would never give up. Neither would he. He knew that he had to find a way to keep his mind together. More than ever, he could not afford to freak out. He had to maintain that line between Sanity and .... he had to find a way to stay sane inside insanity.

It didn't take him long to figure out that there were periods of time when they were not messing with him. Feeding him drugs and false information. It occurred to Chuck That Even Bad Guys Sleep at Night. He had his plan; he would use those "free" times to save his mind. To remember the people and things that were important to him. He just had to stay strong till Sarah got here. She was coming, he just knew that she was. Soon enough Chuck was not feeling the probing; the drugs seemed to be a little less invasive. He puts his plan into action and began to dream.

A/N Glad you took the time to check out this story. Hopefully you'll have an opportunity to see many stories by many authors in the EBGSaN series, the possibilities are endless. It's Chuck's attempt at keeping his mind together while being chemically tortured. This is not AU, it is a dream sequence influenced by his thoughts of rescue, mixed with his real life. It's a T rated story. I hope you enjoy. I have taken a little license with what Chuck would have in his dream, just trying to keep you entertained.

                                                                           You're My only Hope

                                                                                     By Lord Rapier

Casey throws his hairy head around in frustration and grunts.

Captain Bar Towski is adamant "Damn it, Casey how many times do I have to tell you don't worry about the Beastmaster; we'll deal with that when we have to. Right now, we have the Fulcrum Imperial Fleet climbing up our asses. If you don't get that Hyper-Drive to flash, we're screwed."

Casey Growls, "awwrrrlllrrrr."

"Casey, I don't want to hear your whining get in there and fix that drive." In his mind Bar Towski wishes he had stuck to smuggling, this hero shit is a pain in the ass. I used to be a pimple on the Director's butt, barely noticeable, now I'm a full-grown tumor he wants excised.

Bar screams over his shoulder, "J3BA get in there and help Casey."

The droid runs around waving his arms, "But sir I am a music/diplomacy droid I don't know anything about Hyper-Drives Perhaps some hydraulic fluid would help, it always gets me right."