the seven devils

BOOK: the seven devils

COMPLETED: complete

AUTHOR: thesehunprint

SUMMARY: In 1926, Grindelwald is captured for the first time by Newt Scamander, making his followers go into hiding. The Petrov family, an ancient pure-blood eastern European family, is forced to flee to Romania while chased by the Ministry of Magic. While waiting for Grindlewald's return, the family has their first daughter, Varya Petrov. Soon after, her parents are killed by Grindleward's enemies. After attending Scholomance, a small magic school hidden in the depths of Transylvania's forests, for four years, she is called to Hogwarts. Dumbledore has a mission that only she will be capable to do: to stop Tom Riddle from succumbing to his darkest desire. Varya only has one wish: to redeem her parents' mistakes and find her place in the wizarding world. She will do anything to achieve it, even if it means changing the devil's fate.

READ: yes x2

RATING: 10/10

SNIPPET: Varya Petrov was the woman he would never figure out, a mess of juxtapositions in his vocabulary— she was of a macabre soul, yet so generous it was of fables, she was the strongest person he had met, yet she succumbed to her darkness. When pearls of sorrow fell from her eyes and came in a river of anguish, it angered him. On the contrary, when she radiated of enthralling tenderness, he loathed it.

He pressed against his chest harder, and Riddle felt that his lungs were giving upon him. Varya moved to his side, and her hands flew to his body, yet they burned like the fire of Hell, or the holy water. Once again, he was not sure. He felt— he did not know. His brain fogged over, and he recoiled from her.

"Is everything all right, Tom?"

Her voice made his ears screech. No, it was the finest tune of spring. No! His ears bled. He hated it. He hated her. Did he? Riddle's hands flew to his ears as his eyes shut in agony, and he groaned as his brain seemed to implode in on itself.

Tom. Tom. Tom. Tom.

He wanted to rip his heart out from his chest; he wanted to smash it against the pavement and make it stop from beating so erratically. Riddle's soul shifted, and something cracked through, then everything seemed to be made of light and her, her, her.

Tom should kill her. End her. Murder her. Rip her throat out. Gauge out her eyes. Bash her head against the trees. Make it stop. Do it! Do it!

He gasped for air as he fell to his knees, and Varya kneeled beside him, taking notice of how his clothes had drenched in cold perspiration, and he glistened in the moonlight as he looked at her with lost eyes. And how beautiful he was—a broken soul, a heart on the verge of breaking.

The boy was panicking in a way he had never before, and for years he had been void itself, yet now something was blossoming, and as it curled up his throat, it suffocated him with tender touches and the fragrance of oranges.

What did it mean that he could not bring himself to kill her?

NOTES: i adore this book. seriously, anyone who knows me knows this is my favorite book ever. i could honestly talk about this book for hours. i honestly think this is the tom riddle era's atyd. if you are a tom riddle fan i am begging you to read this book