the seven virtues

BOOK: the seven virtues

COMPLETED: complete

AUTHOR: thesehunprint

SUMMARY: One year and a half after her departure, Varya Petrov is still fighting against time itself. With Grindelwald's attacks on Hogwarts becoming more and more aggressive, there is only a matter of time before the war is lost.

Varya has been assigned one task- find the remaining Deathly Hallows and protect them from Grindelwald. With a team of extraordinary witches and wizards, she sets out to track the Cloak of Invisibility and the Resurrection Stone. One of them, however, happens to be at Hogwarts, at the hands of infamous Tom Riddle. Her journey is not as easy as she would have thought, because with Hogwarts under lockdown and a battle looming over their heads, reuniting with the Knights might not be what she had expected.

READ: yes x2

RATING: 10/10

SNIPPET: It was the familiarity of her fragrance that arrested him above all— the way it paraded across the salon, enveloping everything into her presence, and wringing his mind much as it had done so long ago. The citric aroma of oranges that he had learned to avoid above all, the stabbing against his broken soul too painful to take, and even now, it wreaked havoc on his pulse.

Tom clasped his hands behind his back, ignoring the way they thrilled with a familiar need of proximity, for he apprehended that he would surely reach out to her figure and draw her close until atom clashed against atom, and then there would be nothing stopping him from undoing her.

Riddle made one step to her, and he smirked charmingly when she backed away, almost as if she dreaded her own reaction much as he did. Varya held her stance imperially, and even in her slovenly appearance, she radiated against the tedious backdrop. His lips pulled in a malicious smile, one that ensured feud.

"I reckon we have much to chat about, my dear."

NOTES: sequel to the seven devils. this book threw me for a LOOP. i remember crying after i finished it. the ending is utter perfection, and taking a step back to look at all the characters and how they and their dynamics changed from the beginning of the first book is astounding. again, worth a read.