Kalebs pov.

I felt tears running down my face when I hung up the phone I dreaded telling jessamae I felt torn I thought my shifts were over in the army. I walked upstairs to wake her, better now than ever I thought to myself I will never be ready for this moment. her eyes squinted from the sunshine outside. I took a deep breath and there it went "jessamae I'm sorry"I stated she grabs my hand looking puzzled she says"what what's wrong" I started I.... Then rein walks in. how will I tell my wife and my daughter but she's 16 she should understand, I have to go. Alright here it goes girls, the Sargent just phoned me I'm leaving for the army. Jessamae let's go of my hand I could just feel her sorrow. She began to sob and rein dropped her knees to the ground and cried I had no clue what to do. I ran out slid down the front of the door and stayed until rein comes out "dad you know mom is really upset" I know I just couldn't take it how will I tell Emily. I just need to be alone. "dad I'll tell her" she ran off before I could stop her. I went in to comfort my wife she was lying there staring at the ceiling I rubbed her shoulder she shoved me off I repeatedly tried my hardest to make her feel better but the more I tried the more i tried the more I thought about leaving, my eyes began to water I ran out wiped my tears and went into Emily's room I could hear sobbing and crying I opened the door Emily lay on the bed with wetness all over her face.i kissed her wet cheek she just stared at the ceiling. Emily was 14 almost 15 and a freshman In high school she had to be really upset, I didn't know if I was going to get to come to her graduation in a few days. I just waited for someone to say something but it was dead scilence. I began to talk when my wife walks in "Kaleb we need to talk about this" I gave Emily and rein a kiss on the cheek and followed jessamae down stairs "what how I.... " she said while pouring a cup of coffee "I just can't believe this I'll miss you so much" I know honey but I have to leave. "when you leaving? " uh well srg wants me to get my flight by tomorrow morning. What!! No kaleb no you can't just leave us like this please I'm begging you to stay I love you so much. I love so much too I have to go though I rubbed her shoulder and we set in scilence.