𝙹𝚞𝚗𝚔 𝚁𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐

ELVI FELT THE GRIP ON HER SUITCASE LOOSEN, the thump of the fall shook the rundown motel

the thump of the fall shook the rundown motel.
"You're kidding...right?"

"Look kid, we don't want to make this anymore awkward then it already is. We're only here because we have to be." The man sighed, rubbing his hand across his face.

He was accompanied with a woman, and as far as name tags were concerned, they were known as Hazel and Cha cha.
"Think it'll be a lot easier with us around here." He said as he shook the key to their room.

"Right, yeah, okay, um excuse me?" Elvi beckoned towards the employee behind the front desk.
The man turned slowly, revealing his incredibly sleep deprived eyes to the trio.
"Reservation for Pitts." She smiled widely.
The groggy man slowly typed a few words on his keyboard, his index finger poking each key as if they were poisoned.

"Pitts? As in Lila Pitts?" Cha cha snorted. "No wonder she got her own room."
Lila didn't have an exactly positive reputation at the Commission. She was loud, aggressive, and empathy was practically nonexistent to her. Not the kind of person you would expect to work in the higher ranks.

Hazel eyed his companion. "That's her sister." He said through gritted teeth.

The employee held out a labeled key, which Elvi was quick to snatch.
"Half. Only on my fathers side."
The girl turned to the pair, getting a good look at them before continuing.
"And what are you two? Is this some kinda deranged honeymoon?"

Cha cha looked terrified.
"I don't like her."

"Yep, me neither." Hazel responded. The two quickly grabbed hold of their luggage and tugged it down the dim hall.

Elvi gave the pair a small smile as she waved with her fingers.

She giggled to herself as she lowered her hand.
It was so easy to get alone time when you acted insufferable.

-------------

Elvi found herself in front of room number 13. She already knew the worst was yet to come when she saw the thick white paint peeling off the door like bark.

She sighed, tucking a strand of dark hair back.
After jamming the key multiple times into the keyhole, the girl finally heard a click.

A small laugh escaped her mouth.
It was bad, but it wasn't terrifying.

She walked in to the room and immediately chucked her vintage suitcase onto the floor.
The motel room was exactly what you'd expect a cheap motel room to be.
Dusty vents, sad colors, a TV that doesn't work. Elvi didn't mind...at least about the TV. The dust was really getting to her, and no matter how many times she shifted her body or pinched her nose, it was still there.