Lover's Lane -

Zane hated parties. Every single party he has ever gone to negatively impacted him.

  So when Aphmau asked him to come to the Winter solstice party he had an unlimited supply of excuses.

  Work, "Oh you know. It gets real busy over the holidays!" "Zane, what work?" Fuck.

  Anxiety, "Come on Aph, you know I would get nervous and claustrophobic with all the people." "There won't be many people, mostly just the neighbors." Damnit.

Dentist appointment, "You know how hard those are to schedule." "Didn't you go a couple of weeks ago?" Shit.

  Family, "Well my mom asked for me come spend time with her over the holidays." "Since when did you care about spending time with your family? Is Garroth going?" Okay she's right about that one.

  And that was pretty much the unlimited supply.

  "I know you aren't crazy about parties, but I promise it'll be fun! It's just a little pre-Christmas get together! You know, for those who won't make it to the real Christmas party?"

  When Zane still wasn't convinced she hit him with a real incentive to come. "Kawaii~Chan's gonna be there. She's gonna bring every delicious baked good you can imagine! Not to mention there'll be a mistletoe!"

  Zane's face lit up with embarrassment. His eyes widened and his cheeks flushed red. "I'll think about it." He told her.

  He didn't have to.

  Arriving at the party early, Zane and Garroth helped set up a few decorations. A few minutes later Zane politely greeted Kawaii~Chan as she arrived. His eyes drifted downwards.

  Kawaii~Chan moved the basket of treats she was holding to the side. "Ah ah! Zane-Kun can get these later. Leave some for the other guest okay?" He huffed, but nodded all the same.

  Kawaii~Chan found it difficult pretend she didn't know he was looking at more than the cookies. 

  To the party she wore a tight white turtle neck. Over it she added an calf length, paneled, red skirt. A thick brown belt clung to her waist where the shirt met the skirt. She accessorized with a red bow in her hair and a snowflake necklace.

  She smiled again at Zane and he turned away. Kawaii~Chan kept an eye on him as she set down the cookies. He was setting out crackers and dipping sauce for the guests.

  She, herself, had to admit to staring too. She too was guilty. Her eyes scanned the dark red button up tucked into his black trousers. He had a silver chain hanging on his collar bone above the neatly put together buttons. It was attractive. She had a hard time finding Aphmau due to this little distraction.

  Thankfully, Aphmau found her.

  "Kawaii~Chan! I can't thank you enough for bringing the desserts. I wish I had the time to bake a few myself." The word "desserts" must have made its way into Zane's ears because he suddenly appeared behind Aphmau.

  "I set up everything. Would that be all?" Aphmau jumped and spun around in surprise.

  "Ugh, don't do that! But yes. I think that's all. The guests will arrive soon!" Aphmau smiled and patted Zane on the shoulder. He didn't look too pleased by the gesture but he let it slide all the same.

  "Is Aaron done? We need that finished soon." Zane asked.

  She groaned, "I'll go find him. See you two in a minute. If anyone arrives greet them for me. Would you, Kawaii~Chan?" Zane rolled his eyes at the specification for the meif'wa to greet the guests.