Don't go this way

Aria Sanderson and Marty McFly have been best friends since they were 4 years old. Their friends and family have been accusing the two of being more than friends for years but they have denied all suspicions. Aria has been living with her father ever since her mother and her sister Morgen died when she was 9 years old. She was basically a part of the McFly family. George and Lorraine McFly loved her, Marty's siblings always were happy to have her over and most of all her best friend, Marty. Marty and Aria were inseparable. They would do everything together, and for the last few years, after school they have been helping Dr. Emmett Brown with his inventions.

1985
Aria's alarm awoke her at 7:30 like every morning. She groaned as she slid herself out of bed. She walked down stairs to be greeted by the smell of burning "Dad what's that smell?" She asked as she walked into the kitchen

"Hey honey, I tried making pancakes for you but it didn't work out" Her Dad, Sebastian, replied, gesturing towards the burned pancakes in the pan, that were basically burned to a crisp. "Nice hair" he chuckled

"What?" Aria asked as she ran over to the mirror in the hallway. "Shit" she muttered as she stared at her messy hair.

"Watch your language!" Her dad yelled from the other room. Aria ran back up the stairs to get ready. She pulled her hair up into a tight bun and put on her favourite Mötley Crüe shirt and jeans. She grabbed her skate board and her Walkman and walked out the front door while saying goodbye to her dad and put on her Walkman which started playing Dr. Feelgood. She sang along to the lyrics as she skated to school.

Marty McFly hitched a ride on the back of a car using his skateboard after being late for school because Doc had set all of his clock 25 minutes late, leaving him to think it was 8am not 8:25. He arrived at school to see Aria hurriedly walking out of the entrance to the school, towards him. "Marty don't go this way! Strickland is looking for you! You'll get four tardys in a row!" She said quickly pulling him away from the main entrance.

"Well hello to you too," He said sarcastically "it's not my fault, Doc set all of his clocks 25 minutes late for some reason." They ran down the hallway towards their first class. They were stopped, however, by Mr. Strickland who grabbed the collar of Marty's shirt.

"Late again McFly. Here's a tardy slip. Slacker. One for you as well, Miss Sanderson." He said passing a yellow slip of paper to each of them

"But sir I've already been marked present during atten-" Aria was cut off by Strickland saying

"I don't want to hear it. As for you McFly, this is your fourth tardy in a row, I believe. You're just like your father. A slacker. Not a single McFly has contributed to anything in history." Strickland said with spite.

"Yeah well history is gonna change" Marty replied

~~~~~

"Hey Ari! Want to come over this afternoon?" Marty asked Aria, as he caught up to her as she walked out of the school "Mom is making meatloaf for dinner"

"Sure. My dad can't cook and I'm sick of making my own dinner" she replied "how about a sleepover, it's Friday night after all"

"Great. I'll see you around 5 then? I promised Jennifer I'd hang out with her" Marty told her. Aria felt a tinge of jealousy piercing her. She didn't understand why she would be jealous, she was happy for Marty and Jennifer. They were happy together. She and Marty were only friends. Still, she still couldn't help feeling a tab but jealous of Jennifer.

"Yeah sure. I'll tell my dad where I'm going so I don't get in trouble" she joked. She knew that her dad wouldn't care where she was. Ever since Aria's Mother and sister died, her father had become distant from society. He had a minimum wage job so Aria bought most of the food with the money she got from her job as a cashier at the local supermarket and did most of the cooking, since he would almost never leave the couch. She was surprised he had gotten up that morning to try and make pancakes.

"Alright see ya later then" Marty replied as he skated away

"Yeah, see ya" she replied quietly as she put on her Walkman, which was playing Walk like an Egyptian by The Bangles, hopped on her skate board and went home.

~~~~~

Aria soon arrived home to find her father lying on the couch, asleep, with the T.V still on. She sighed to herself as she turned off the television and went up stairs to pack a bag of stuff to go to Marty's house. Once she was done she walked back downstairs and out to the front yard to grab the mail.
She went through it to see if there was anything important, and most of it was junk mail, but she came across a red slip of paper. She gasped and ran back inside the house to wake up her dad "Dad wake up!" She said hurriedly as she shook him awake "why haven't you been paying the rent?!"

"Huh? I though it wasn't due until Friday" he said drowsily

"It is Friday! We're gonna get evicted if you don't pay it by tomorrow!" Aria explained, panicked "I only have around $20 dollars left from my pay check after going shopping, how much do you have?"

"I didn't want to tell you this, but I was fired 2 weeks ago. I don't have enough money to pay the rent." Her dad said as he hung his head in shame. "I'm sorry kiddo, I'll find a new job, but I'll find us a motel or something to stay in for a while" Aria fought back the tears that were clouding her vision

"I-I'll be at Marty's house if you need me. There's leftover lasagna in the freezer if you want it" she said quietly as she grabbed her bag  and skateboard and walked out the front door

"Aria! Come back!" Her dad yelled at her through the front door while she skated down the road, crying silently to herself.

1071 words