𝙵𝚒𝚗𝚊𝚕 𝙹𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚗𝚎𝚢𝚜

Warning

The following story contains mentions of abuse, death and violence. If you are uncomfortable reading stories like this then I recommend skipping over it.

.....

Raggedstar tensed as a cat placed their tail on his shoulder. The old ShadowClan leader turned his head to see Deerleap, a former warrior of ShadowClan. She had a sad expression on her face.
"Is everything ok, Deerleap? Did you finally see anything about the Clans?" He asked.

The she-cat shook her head. "We received a new resident today." She mewed. Raggedstar shook his head. "I should go greet them." He sighed. Deerleap nodded and twitched her tail impatiently. "It's a bit upsetting honestly ." She admitted. Raggedstar stood up and glanced towards her. "Does it have anything to do with Brokenstar?" He mumbled. The gray she-cat nodded. Raggedstar sighed, stood up on his paws, and began to follow her. She lead the way into the grassy clearing of StarClan's territory towards an already forming group of cats. Everyone made room for them as Deerleap passed first, Raggedstar followed.
In the center of a the crowd was a black and white kit. They had healed scars over their body and most noticeably their neck. They also had black and white striped markings on their face. Deerleap had a look of disappointment on her face again but stayed quiet. Once the apprentice noticed the old Shadowclan leader he jumped to his paws.
"Raggedstar!! Flintfang told me about you!" He squeaked, completely unaware of everyone's concern. "That's good to hear!" He replied. A fake cough interrupted him.
Ravenfur, a former elder scoffed and looked down at the small black and white cat. "What's a young kit doing here?! You have moons to live for!" Featherstorm, Raggedstar's Mother, rolled her eyes in annoyance.

Raggedstar gave her a stare and the elder glanced down in embarrassment. The leader looked at the apprentice, who was looking up and down.
"Hey, Ba--"
"It's so sunny here!" He squeaked, interrupting him. The cats around them started whispering to one another as Raggedstar stiffened and twitched his tail and impatiently.
"Your nam--"

"Wolfstep once told me that prey never runs out here!! Is that true!?" The apprentice asked, excitedly.

"Sit down." Raggedstar sighed.

The kit sat down, but twitched an ear at any simple noise.

Raggedstar took a step toward him and sat down in front of him.

"Badgerkit.." He started. The apprentice opened his mouth to say something but Raggedstar interrupted him this time.

"How.. How did you die?"

Everyone stopped talking. The Black-and-white apprentice looked down and fumbled his paws. "First of all.. I'm a warrior." He mumbled. "My name is Badgerfang."

Raggedstar and Featherstorm exchanged concerned glances. "The thing is, your not supposed to be a warrior." Raggedstar said. Badgerpaw gazed up at him. "Well, Flintfang told me I fought like a warrior. Brokenstar told us that if we came out of that battle we'd receive our name." He mumbled.

"What battle?"

"There was a battle-- with Windclan. Flintfang told me to stay close to him but- there was this cat. I-I was sure I could take him but he turned around just as I was about to leap at him."

The other cats kept their heads down as he spoke. Only a few would whisper something to one another. Badgerkit turned his head to look at them and continued, "It didn't hurt that badly! The pain was numbing!! A-and Flintfang told me I fought like a warrior!!" He mewed.

Featherstorm padded forward. "I bet you did." She murmured. "But, as we can all tell, you aren't even 4 moons old."

The kit looked at his paws again and back at Raggedstar. "Brokenstar said that didn't matter. He'd make us fight one another after training."

"My son is a horrible leader Baderk- Badgerfang. His actions are to blame for your death. I only hope that things change from now on." He mewed quietly. The kit stayed quiet but finally nodded moments after.

"... so..I have to be here now? I can't see Fernshade, Wolfstep- or Flintfang again anymore?.. "

The dark brown tom shook his head.
"But, you'll be with other kin."

"But I want to be Fernshade!!" The kit sniffed. Featherstorm padded forward and sat down next to the kit. She murmured a few words to him before he nodded and stood up next to her. Tears ran down his cheeks as he avoided eye contact with Raggedstar and began to trudge behind Featherstorm as she quietly made her way to the dens, talking to Badgerfang quietly.

Deerleap approached from behind Raggedstar and gazed towards Badgerfang then back towards her leader.

"What are we going to do now?" She whispered. The brown tom rose his head slowly and glanced towards her.

"We need Yellowfang." He said coldly.