Nightmare

Marley had woken up from someone shuffling at the other side of the bed, rubbing his eyes, and turning his head to see what all the movement was. At first he had thought that his partner was just moving around to find a comfortable position to sleep, no biggie, Marley didn't have a problem with that. But something felt different from this, and the more Marley began to wake up, the more he realized this wasn't really just regular tossin' n turnin'.

Marley bent over to his side of the nightstand, grabbing the folded square glasses from the wooden stand, and slipped them on. He leaned over back towards Dan, and placed a hand on his shoulder. To his surprise he didn't expect his partner to be shaking like a frightened cat, and his face sort of fell into a worried expression. Mostly awake now, Marley gently shook the distressed other's shoulder to wake him, only wanting to check up on how the other was feeling.

Marley watched as Dan awoke with a small gasp, and frantically turned his head to look at the man touching his shoulder with a fearful look. As if Marley had been the one stressing him out in his dream.

There were a few seconds of silence between the two. Marley looking worried, and Dan who was just mostly dazed, but very much still on edge.

"You alright?" Marley had muttered softly, watching Dan's expression carefully.

Dan had turned his body to where he was facing Marley, and it took him a moment to answer.

"Yeah, I'm good." He dryly responded.

Marley raised a brow, not very convinced that Dan was even telling half the truth. But, before he could get any further than that, something had pulled him out of his thoughts, and that was someone laying their head on his chest. Marley took a few moments to process, but all he could do was wrap his arms around the other's shoulder, and press a small comforting kiss on their head.

He got into a more comfortable position, and pulled the tired demi-god close to him as he gently cupped the other's face in his hand, and gently caressed his cheek. Once he knew Dan had finally fallen back into a comfortable sleep, he planted a small warm kiss on his forehead, and closed his eyes. Slowly drifting off into his own dream.

-Patch