Uncomfortable silence

Not that usual silence, but an uncomfortable one. Eyebrows had to sit at the very back, and would usually bother Beetle or Dan, but it wasn't like that this time. He was completely silent and held slinky in his lap. Beetle was right next to him, and Dan was in the passenger seat.

Everyone knew Marley was not happy, it was as if he had wanted not a single thing to do with them. Who could blame him? Everyone practically managed to humiliate themselves in one way or another. Not a good impression at all.

"Who started it?" The bitter tone of Marley's voice dug into every one of them.

Everyone's eyes seemed to dart around the car, all trying to pinpoint the spark of the whole ordeal. But everyone knew what had started it, and who had started it. Everyone's eyes managed to fixate on Slinky, and as if to protect Slinky from the accusation, Eyebrows slowly pulled the little cat closer to him. Eyeing everyone back, he knew very well that Slinky was the one who caused this too.

Marley watched from the rearview mirror as he found his little problem. He averted his attention back onto the road and continued to drive, his knuckles turning white from how tightly he had held the wheel.

Dan shifted in his seat uncomfortably and decided to turn on the radio. It didn't seem to clear the thick tension in the car, but at least they weren't sitting in silence anymore.

Beetle saw the top of the hill with the worn-out sign they usually passed right before they got to the house. She had to admit, she was very worried for when they got home and hoped (most) everyone would still have their tails still attached. Because it was weird seeing Marley this pissed off, and it was also kind of scary. They even caught eyebrows looking a bit nervous every time Marley made the slightest bit of eye contact with him.

Everyone watched as Marley roughly stopped the car in the driveway, and immediately got out. Giving each other a certain look that told them one important thing.

They fucked up big time.