The Early Years

I do not recall most of my early years, but according to my birth records, I was born in the fall months of the year 935, possibly late September, early October. My family, the Von Ornells, came from a long line of ruling- there isn't a family member I cannot name that hasn't been a king or queen. My mother was a queen, my father a king. I had loads of siblings (three boys, four girls), and all of them wanted to be like my parents. I guess you can say the Von Ornells were a "big shot" around where I lived.

However, the way my parents ruled was... How could I explain it... A bit orderly, strict and less beneficial. Of course, I'm not saying that they were a bad king or queen, but they were unlike the way I had ruled. They forced their subjects to be apart of royal and political matters- even if they refused to. So, in a way they forced their subjects into politics, and while that does prove beneficial to some, it may not benifit others. They also cared more about raising an empire, increasing land (which I had done too, but only for recreational matters), etc.

During my childhood, I had looked out onto the streets frequently, feeling the pity of the children having no school, no playgrounds- pretty much nothing. Our neighborhood didn't even have a library, I believe. I decided that when the royal throne was bestowed unto me, all that was going to change.... It came sooner than I thought...

My father had passed away due to being shot by an angry subject. I couldn't blame them- my parents were unexceptional rulers. My mother outlived his years, and still used the ruling tactics that she had kept before he died. I was about in my 20's when he died- so I wasn't affected much. I had constantly asked my mother to become king, and often she would just shake it off, or wave her hand dismissively, saying "When you're older, Valence." But, I WAS older...I was in my twenties- other young men in royal families usually become king at twenty.

The relationship between my mother and I was strained and heated- we would argue and fight all the time. Soon, I grew tired of it, and moved away out to the beautiful, humanistic town known as Orken- the town I would later rule as king.

Orken was a beautiful place- unlike my childhood home. It had a vibrant colored blue sky, lively grasses and cobblestone sidewalks that I would see kids skipping along with their parents at their sides very often. There was no king at that time- but maybe my mother was right... Maybe I was too immature to be a king at twenty... I rented a home in the castle of Orken, a brown sturdy building with little to no exterior decoration. I grew older and older, until I reached about age 40. Not only was it realizing that I was getting older- but 40 was the beginning of something miraculous- something vivacious and freshening...

I had started a petition for more land to be added to the town, for recreational purposes. The townsfolk and government agreed, and I felt flattered, but did not expect this so soon....

At 40 years old was the age that I FINALLY became King of Orken...