SHTM Dictionary

Before we officially get this book started, I would like to provide a dictionary/glossary in case you stop at a point in the book when you're confused. Here are explanations of characters, themes, etc.

PLACES:
Spirit Rehabilitation Center - Founded by Cerberus in 2017, houses freaks (animatronics) big and small, tabletop or life size, old or new. This place is a haven for when the season ends and practices for scarers when the season begins. Near a dumpster in New Jersey, not too far from the Flagship location.

Egg Harbor, NJ- A REAL town in New Jersey, home to glorious beaches and the Spirit Halloween Flagship Store. People fly all the way from their homes to get there on opening day. Also, where the Spirit Halloween Facility is located, coincidentally...

Orken- The town/kingdom in which Valence ruled in life, he is said to have the longest rule of any king (from his 30s to his early 80s). Thanks to him, Orken is now provided with various chances at education, literacy, and beauty. Now, a town, Valence's reforms are still present to this day, 1,000+ years after his death.

CHARACTERS:

Cerberus - Based on the 3 headed beasts from Greek mythology of the same name, the founder of the Spirit Rehabilitation Center and an animatronic sold at Spirit for the 2015, 2016, and 2019Halloween seasons, later being updated and remade for the 2024 season. He is a successful seller, hence why he is the "head honcho" of the facility. Cerberus is in charge of events, welcoming guests, etc. He acts mostly like a dog, happy, outgoing, and full of energy. In fact, Bluey (the creator) states that all Cerberus wants to be seen as IS a real dog (awwww!).

Menacing Molly - Also a successful seller and the protagonist of the series, Molly was sold for the 2017 and 2018 Halloween seasons, later being remade and sold online for the 2023 season. She strikes an eerie resemblance to Wednesday Addams (she was an Addams in her second life), and her face was sculpted by Tate Steinsiek, a makeup artist that competed on the SyFy competition "Face Off" (he also sculpted the face for another 2017 animatronic, Forest Demon). Molly is known for speaking to the dead, mostly ghosts, due to her past with dabbling in the pastime of necromancy. She is mostly friends with animatronics from the 2017-2018 timeline, but she is always open to meeting new people. Bluey describes her personality as being like, "Imagine if Pomni and Charlie Morningstar had a kid. Molly is that kid", meaning she is extremely paranoid like Pomni is, yet is a little overly positive and optimistic about certain situations, like Charlie is in the pilot and in the actual series. Half of Molly's expressions in one installment are based on Pomni's body gestures and facial expressions, along with some of Charlie's in the actual Prime series.

Harriet Hustle - Daughter of Henry and Heather Hustle, Molly's girlfriend and an animatronic sold at Spirit for the 2021 season. She is the first life-size female clown to be sold at Spirit, being made by the same company as Molly (Crazy Create). She likes robbing banks and committing crimes along with her father, Henry. Her sexuality was being a lesbian but was changed to Harriet being bisexual in Battle of the Bones, hence the lesbian pin on the straps of her overalls (later bisexual pin). She is one of many of the LGBTQ representatives in the series.

Quandale Dingle - Also called Jumping Raccoon or Pop Out Trash Raccoon, Quandale is Molly's pet demonic raccoon that she found near the dumpster near the facility He represents the Pop Out Trash Raccoon, an animatronic sold at Party/Halloween City for the 2022 season. Unlike other raccoons, Quandale has a strict carnivorous diet containing meat, rotting flesh, bacon, and fish. He also eats certain bugs and fruits as well. Quandale hates almost everyone, except for Molly.

2022 CHARACTERS+MH CHARACTERS:

Betty Sharpe - First referred to as "Murderous Madeline" before her real name was revealed in June/early July of 2022, Ms. Sharpe was an animatronic sold at Spirit for the 2022 season. Betty is a name her friends call her, but her real name is Bertha. She had a younger sister named Lila, who constantly stole mom's attention from her, and Betty became jealous. She took the largest kitchen knife she could find and stabbed her sister with it. From hiding any evidence, she stuffed Lila's body into a burlap sack, beating her body with a baseball bat to prevent her from squirming or moving inside. She says that her sister "used to be Mommy's favorite.... But I took care of THAT...".