𝚒𝚒. 𝙰𝚗 𝙾𝚕𝚍 𝙵𝚊𝚌𝚎

VALERIE FLORES AWAKES, taking in their surroundings

VALERIE FLORES AWAKES, taking in their surroundings. Still seeing they are in their apartment.

"Those pills are bullshit" They think

A phone begins to ring on their bedside table. The contact name "Dr. B" appears on the screen too. They pick up the phone after a couple seconds of it ringing.

"Hello." They tiredly greet
"Good morning, Ms Flores" A voice responds, presumably "Dr. B"
"Hello again, Dr. Briggs"
"Just a reminder, full report by 11:59 pm sharp!" The doctor reminds

A groan is heard on Valerie's end before the phone gets put down

They open a drawer looking for an empty document the girl can use. They find one and hastily fills it up, just wanting to get it over with.

Valerie once done, places it into an envelope and slides it under a door.

Tiredly they walk toward their computer and just watch. Watch, watch, watch. What else were they supposed to do? It's not like they could go out, well not today anyways. After a couple of hours of watching mindless shit, they flop back on their bed, still tired as they were at the start of the day.

As they await for their food to arrive they wonder, why did they come back here? Was it to help them feel something? Was it to escape their reality? To escape the look on Pe-

A knock interrupts their thoughts.

"Finally" Valerie thought as they walked toward the door. A smaller door, a dog door if you will, opens in the bottom area. Someone slides the tray of food through and closes it. They look at their food, three bottles of water and a plate of bacon and mashed potatoes.

They place the tray on their desk, plays a video and started to eat. The moment Valeria was done some feedback from a speaker can be heard.

"Dr Briggs has permitted you to have two hours outside today due to your good behaviour for the past weeks." A voice says.

A small smile makes its way to Valerie's face as they walk to the door. It opens and a man straps on a watch on their arm.

"Two hours, stick to the city." A gruff voice comes from the man.
"Yea, yea. Thanks, ward!" Valerie responds, a bit annoyed at him.

They walk into a hallway, making their way to the exit. Valerie walks around New York for a bit. Stealing a couple of knick-knacks here and there. After almost an hour of strolling through the streets, they hear multiple voices one is a woman and the rest are men's voices.

Out of curiosity, they go closer to the voices, and the nearer they get the voices become more clear. Valerie sneaks around to get a glance at their faces, they see random men and Maria [REDACTED]

"What the hell is she doing, I thought she retired?" They thought, pleasantly surprised by a face of the past.

The group of men back Maria into a corner, with their hands over their weapons.

"Oh, what the hell!" Was Val's last thought as they ran toward the men, wanting to help out a past friend.

Thinking fist first they begin to attack the men. A look of surprise and somewhat frustration appears on the face of Maria.

"VALERIE NO!" She shouts, trying to make her way to them but it's too late. Valerie had already knocked out two of the six men. Preparing to lunge themselves at the next target but Val feels something pulling them away.

They turn around to see a portal of theirs had opened. Valerie tried to close it. Focusing, focus, focus, like what T-

"SHIT!" Val felt themselves being sucked into their own portal! Maria ran to help them but she was a second too late. Valerie had disappeared along with their portal.

Valerie Flores was gone again. 

Mari speaks !

Mari speaks !

So anyone guessing where vals from? (i just couldnt resist-)