i promise on absolutely everything

authors notes:

two robots who talk to each other

started: 10/13/22

ended: ???

"You're not bringing that out in the field."

"Fuck you."

They stared at each other for a while. One of them had crossed his arms and dug his nails into his trenchcoat.  "It's a 4th Gen Lockheed. That thing is practically on it's last legs," Cosmo (serial name CS-M0) sighs. "You don't even have any mods on it."

"It's a big gun that shoots just fine. I like the feel of it," the other shamelessly presented his counterpoint. Dash (serial name M-1N) flicked a switch on the handle to hear the 20 pound death-machine hum to life. He held it up to his screen to see the core flicker between the ventilation slots and how it trembles slightly within his hands. Despite having a very apparent lacking of any ability to smell whatsoever, he sniffs into it. He sniffs right in the barrel, smells nothing, and sighs like he just saw God.

"Why did you just smell the barrel?" Cosmo tilts his head.

"It's like, it has that nice, rich, new car smell," Dash elaborates.

"It's a 4th Gen Lockheed" Cosmo clarifies.

"We just perceive smell differently."

"We can't smell shit. Give me that."

Cosmo held his hand out lazily, a hum exiting through a speaker in what could only be described as a synthesized sigh. Dash in response rolls his eyes and slowly moves the gun towards the outstreched hand of his friend, before letting go with one hand and slapping it at the other's. Dash reels back with uncontrolled bursts of laughter, the mechanisms within the gun clicking backwards from the sheer force. The other stood there, arm still outstretched and in disbelief.