Overview

People often say that certain concepts, especially when it comes to complex emotions and feelings, can not be described in words. I have always been a STEM person, majoring in clinical psychology and microbiology, while never taken a humanities class since the end of my high school career. Despite being someone who has never been the biggest fan of writing or reading, I heavily disagree. At the end of the day, the only way I have been able to describe my own emotions and experiences has been in the form of writing.

     This book holds a special place in my heart, as it details the perspective of a woman struggling with Histrionic personality disorder, a little-researched condition with devastating effects if left untreated. Struggling with this condition myself, I can adequately detail similar experiences through this character despite it not being directly about myself.

     I encourage any readers or viewers to NOT research this condition, its symptoms, or any statistics until after reading this book. The goal is to give life and a perspective to a disease rather than a multitude of scientific facts. I hope you enjoy this book and know you can reach out for help.

                                                            Even if you feel alone, you are not.