Chapter 6 - Spilled Blood

*May contain slight gore! You have been warned!*

I arrived home and slammed open the door. I froze. Blood was scattered everywhere. The walls were covered in a red, sticky liquid, like paint. Limbs and organs where strewn about the place. My family... what was going on. Who did this? A mixture of anger and sadness bubbled and fizzed inside me. I was afraid. I rushed around the corner, towards the stairs that led to my bed room.. A bloody hand reached and grasped me.

"Shhh...Go To Sleep." it whispered. I turned to face the voice, a hideous monstrosity stood before me, knife poised, aiming at my throat. He tilted my chin towards the sky.

I wept. He laughed at me, manically. I let him plunge the blade into my flesh. I let this murderer tear me apart. My eyes tightly squeezed shut in pain. I felt my blood trickling down my shirt. I screamed in agony. Tears of torment leaked from my eyes. Blood oozed out of me on multiple limbs. I wish I could have seen Liu just once more...

"Just... Once..." I stammered "More..." I reached out towards the door. I stretched as far as my arm would allow. Drops of the red stuff dripped off my fingers or ran down my arm. "Liu..." My voice was too faint to be recognized. I began splutter. My lungs made no effort to collecting more air after my coughing fit, they just gave up. My limbs became limp. I could no longer hear.

I could no longer see. Somewhere deep within me I felt my heart pack in. It collapsed. That was when all went dark.

A couple days later, Liu sat in his hospital bed watching the TV. He could not speak or gasp, like he wanted to but his eyes could only widen in shock and fear as the news report babbled on. One thing she said held his interest.

"The infamous serial killer, has killed several families one victim being Holly Rodgers and she appears to have many stab wounds with 'Shhh, Go To Sleep.' engraved into her body." The news lady stated. Liu felt tears welling up in his eyes. Some rolled down his cheeks.

"H...O...L...L...Y..." He tried to say.