Chapter 9 - Hatred

"It's you..." I stared wide eyed at him, his face covered in scars. He looked into my eyes.
"Remember me?" He laughed evilly.
My jaw hung on it's hinges. I felt like I hadn't remembered to blink. I took a large breath like I had forgotten to breathe.
"L-Liu." I stammer. It couldn't be. His face was covered in scars and his green eyes shone in the fog. My legs seem to immediately walk over to him like I'm hypnotised. He raises an eyebrow in confusion. Instinctively, I raise my shaky hand to touch his battered face. Fear and joy stirred together in my stomach. For reasons I cannot explain I felt tears brimming my eyes.
"Liu." I repeated. I wrapped my arms around his cold body in a tight embrace. I felt him pat my back.
"I'm sorry." He whispered in my ear his breath heated the right side of my face. "It's my job now."
I looked up at him with puppy eyes. He turned his head and raised his knife. I cowered under the silver blade. But instead of letting the knife mutilate my back, Liu pushed it into my neck.
"Run, Holly. Don't return. Or next time I'll... I'll have to kill you." He sighed
The glittering blade clattered noisily to the floor. I stumbled backwards and fell.
"I've been cheated..." I mutter. "Cheated out of my own life and freedom." As I raised my head Liu is no where in my line of sight.