The Impossible Murderer

Amaranth Tenacious woke up, got out of bed and walked down the stairs. Her mum was in the kitchen singing happily along to her favourite song, Bohemian Rhapsody. Amaranth walked in and pulled out her handgun, and shot her mum in the head. About two seconds later, her mum, Electra, dropped dead on the floor.

Her dad, Draco, heard the gun shot from his bedroom; he came rushing down and sprinted across the house into the kitchen. He almost fainted when he saw his poor wife lying on the floor... DEAD!!! "Did you do this Amaranth!" roared Draco.

"Blamed for everything aren't I! Just because i'm holding a gun in my hand, and there's no one else here who could have possibly done it, you have to assume it was me!" replied Amaranth, in a stressed voice. She Couldn't believe what she'd done! She wished she could just turn back the clocks, and undo the terrible crime. For a moment, she wondered why she'd done it. She sat down at her desk; still thinking after at least ten minutes, it struck her, she'd killed her because she'd lowered her pocket money by 20 pence.

The next day, at school, she couldn't concentrate on her work. In her Religious Education, they were learning about sin. It was killing her (not literally), but you know what I mean. She finally got home; about five minutes later than she normally do. She ran straight up to her room and jumped onto her bed. She tried to think about what she should do next. She couldn't stay here; not now... not after what she'd done! How could she?

She didn't sleep well that night either; still thinking about what to do. She hadn't spoken to her dad since the 'incident'.

Suddenly, she had a great idea come into her head; she should run away!